Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 11:48 AM

7 posts, read 17,552 times

Advertisements

Saturday update: I heard back from the department of agriculture this morning, I certainly didn't expect that on a Saturday. He says that the law is still valid and he thinks a simple certified letter is sufficient. He is going to check with his legal department and see if anything else has to be done.

I think it might also be smart to find a property dispute lawyer that has dealt with one of these before and pay them for an hour of time to make sure I do everything correct. I assume it is likely that when you start to take down someones fence legally or illegally that they would call the police. I think it's also likely that they might try to take me to court afterwards. I'd like to have all my bases covered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 02:25 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman42 View Post
Saturday update: I heard back from the department of agriculture this morning, I certainly didn't expect that on a Saturday. He says that the law is still valid and he thinks a simple certified letter is sufficient. He is going to check with his legal department and see if anything else has to be done.

I think it might also be smart to find a property dispute lawyer that has dealt with one of these before and pay them for an hour of time to make sure I do everything correct. I assume it is likely that when you start to take down someones fence legally or illegally that they would call the police. I think it's also likely that they might try to take me to court afterwards. I'd like to have all my bases covered.
That is definitely best. It would be good to get a copy of the plat to check for easements etc.

Like you said, cover your bases. Good luck.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:37 PM

201 posts, read 320,062 times
Seems like more work to tear the fence down than to maintain it? Especially if your neighbor wants to keep it standing.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:45 AM

7 posts, read 17,552 times
I agree totally. All I wanted from my end is for him to come around and hit it with a trimmer or spray roundup down or something. Since his fence is on the line he says (and the city) it's not his responsibility that I have to do it.

The bummer is I think once he is informed of removal of the fence he will change his mind. The reason that is a bummer is I will already be invested several hundred dollars to get this resolved. He does not get to maintain his fence and me be out several hundred dollars. Trying to keep the peace I will probably offer to split that cost with him, so we both lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville