Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 09:12 PM

722 posts, read 2,100,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankynomore View Post
Hey everyone...can you tell me what kind of weather I can expect? Here in Long Island there are 4 distinct seasonal changes and the extremes vary from freezing (single digits with snow) to HOT and HUMID (high 90's). The worst thing here is the humidity. And what about tornadoes...do you see many?
I think the best way to explain is to remove January and February up in NY and add another June and July.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 07:28 AM

12 posts, read 15,016 times
The information you all have provided is wonderful and I really appreciate it. During our conversations my wife has expressed her concern over the "neighborhood feel" and what the communities are like in TN. We do not live in the city in NY, we are actually in Suffolk County which many in NY would consider "the country," lol. Granted the houses are further apart but it is not the "country."

My wife is really looking for a homey/ close knit community feel, with manicured houses and properties, and doesn't want to be in no man's land. Again, we need to come see the area's in person, but I'm sure neighborhoods in TN are similar to anywhere else in the country, right?

Old 10-17-2013, 07:36 AM

332 posts, read 344,304 times
Quote:
I think the region as a whole should fix a few of the interstate bottlenecks, and then forget about highway expansion -- concentrate more on fixing surface streets, suburban arterials, and implementing alternate methods of transit (i.e. commuter rail).
From your lips to God's ears!

I think a commuter rail line from Franklin all the way up to downtown would work. You could build it right in the middle of I-65, theoreoetically. As far as adding transportation infrastructure, after particiapting in the Nashville Next planning sessions, I think Metro planners understand that, but I only saw one commuter rail line slated for planning and that was from Clarksville to Downtown. 1 million people is a lot of people for the current infrastructure and you can't keep widening the freeways. You most certainly can't widen the secondaries as that would intrude on people's property.

MTA has a daily ridership of 35,000. Versus comparable metros the size of Nashville, that is a drop in the bucket compared to a place like St. Louis or Milwaukee with riderships over 150K per day. Is this a reflection on Nashville's attitude towards transit?

Sorry for the rant and derailing this thread. They have some tough decisions coming up I'd say.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:51 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,280,294 times
I would suggest visiting Hendersonville. It reminds me so much of LI with all the stores, restaurants, etc..... I think your wife would like it there too.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:08 AM

12 posts, read 15,016 times
That's funny, Hendersonville is one of the places we have been looking. The houses seem so nice and the neighborhoods are beautiful.

I submitted my resume so it's in Gods hands now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville