Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 05:00 PM

78 posts, read 113,518 times

Advertisements

I think if you search by "Mount Juliet" instead of "Mt Juliet" you will find more houses.I just did that now and there are at least several under 300,000 with 4 bedrooms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 05:03 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
There is only ONE 4 bedroom house for sale in Mt Juliet for less than $300,000 at the moment (I tried to post the link but can't get it to work, sorry).

I just did a search on realtracs and found 38 houses in Mount Juliet with 4 bedrooms and less than $250k.

I also vote for Mt Juliet over Smyrna, given the OP's parameters.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 12-03-2013 at 06:29 PM..

Old 12-03-2013, 05:32 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,086,830 times
Oh nooooooooooo!

So sorry! I WAS typing in "Mt" instead of Mount . . . mea culpa . . .

: smack:

Old 12-03-2013, 06:36 PM

933 posts, read 2,741,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
Oh nooooooooooo!

So sorry! I WAS typing in "Mt" instead of Mount . . . mea culpa . . .

: smack:

You would think these real estate site search engines would have added code to fix things like this by now. It would probably do wonders for thier bottom line.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:12 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,325,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
MJ is basically split into two sections. One section is older and is just an extension of Hermitage and the people go into Davidson County for basic everyday things. Grocery shopping. Gas. Fast food. Etc is done in Hermitage because it's closer. Not a typical suburban feel to it, which isn't necessarily good or bad, it's just how I see it. The other section is more of actual suburban stuff with the Wilson County lifestyle. More open space, more new neighborhoods, what you would expect really.
I know. What I'm saying is that within Mount Juliet, there is not a lot of great road access or planning. Smyrna has a better network of 4 lane roads and major through streets that make accessing different points in town fairly easy (by suburban Nashville standards). Sam Ridley (TN 266) loops around and becomes Nissan Dr/Lee Victory Pkwy/Almaville Rd (TN 102) and creates a U shaped 5 lane highway that connects to I-24 at 2 points. And intersecting both of those prongs of the 'U' are Lowry St (US 41/70S) and Old Nashville Hwy, both 5 lane roads. Then you have Rock Springs, Hazelwood, Enon Springs, Mason Tucker, and Sam Davis which are good 2 lane cut through/cross streets that can get you around town, as well as Jefferson Pk to give you access to 840, and Rock Springs to Nolensville.

Mount Juliet seems like a nice place, just awkward to get around IMO. With good planning, it might outgrow that. Smyrna is considerably larger as of right now.

One other advantage that Mount Juliet has right now is access to the Music City Star for downtown commuters.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:37 PM

9,678 posts, read 9,375,415 times
Considering your budget and needs I would go with Smyrna. There are many more homes that fit your criteria with modern finishes and quiet neighborhoods. Smyrna is considerably larger and has the infrastructure in place to handle the continued growth. As Nashvols mentioned, there are many arteries and roads to get you around town and to Nashville whereas Mt. Juliet does not have the infrastructure to support the amount of growth that is coming in the near future (e.g. three major mixed use developments, a 500 home development just announced this afternoon etc.). Weakley Lane connects both communities which is also nice. Both cities offer an excellent quality of life and great school systems. Although Mt. Juliet is closer to the airport, don't let that be the only factor you consider in choosing where to live. In addition, Smyrna is also right next to another hot growth area called Nolensville. Nolensville is often over looked because it is in between Brentwood (Williamson County) and Smyrna (Rutherford County), but it has some nice neighborhoods and many homes within your price range. To find information about particular areas, I'd suggest you look at newhomeguide.com and type in each community of interest.

Old 12-04-2013, 05:28 AM

78 posts, read 113,518 times
Yes I found that out (Mt vs Mount) when I started using realtracs, I couldn't believe I wasn't finding anything. I agree, it seems like the search engine should account for that.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:09 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,083,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
I know. What I'm saying is that within Mount Juliet, there is not a lot of great road access or planning. Smyrna has a better network of 4 lane roads and major through streets that make accessing different points in town fairly easy (by suburban Nashville standards). Sam Ridley (TN 266) loops around and becomes Nissan Dr/Lee Victory Pkwy/Almaville Rd (TN 102) and creates a U shaped 5 lane highway that connects to I-24 at 2 points. And intersecting both of those prongs of the 'U' are Lowry St (US 41/70S) and Old Nashville Hwy, both 5 lane roads. Then you have Rock Springs, Hazelwood, Enon Springs, Mason Tucker, and Sam Davis which are good 2 lane cut through/cross streets that can get you around town, as well as Jefferson Pk to give you access to 840, and Rock Springs to Nolensville.
Okay, I missed what you were getting at. Can't disagree with you there. I've always thought it was a bit odd that MJ never had many major routes but then again there was never any need. Mt Juliet Road is all 4 lanes now and Lebanon Road is for the most part, but those are the only two main roads in town. The congestion is definitely only going to get worse, but the widening on Mt Juliet Road has helped immensely.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:00 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Okay, I missed what you were getting at. Can't disagree with you there. I've always thought it was a bit odd that MJ never had many major routes but then again there was never any need. Mt Juliet Road is all 4 lanes now and Lebanon Road is for the most part, but those are the only two main roads in town. The congestion is definitely only going to get worse, but the widening on Mt Juliet Road has helped immensely.
It's hard to believe it took the state so long to finally widen Mount Juliet Road.

The only part of Mt Juliet that has bad traffic, that I've noticed at least, is around the Providence mega shopping area. And it's pretty bad there. Otherwise, the rest of town isn't very congested at all. The state did open another I-40 interchange for Mt Juliet at Beckwith Road, and there's zero traffic around there.

The name "Mount" Juliet is kind of a misnommer as it's actually pretty flat, meaning there is lots and lots of room for more development. I'm sure this means the traffic will get worse, but that's true of anywhere around Nashville. And as nashvols said, at least Mt Juliet has commuter rail access to downtown Nashville.

I would also put Mt Juliet's schools a notch higher than Smyrna's, although Smyrna's schools are still pretty good. Mt Juliet High School, in particular, is one of the best public high schools in the state.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 12-04-2013, 12:15 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,083,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
It's hard to believe it took the state so long to finally widen Mount Juliet Road.

The only part of Mt Juliet that has bad traffic, that I've noticed at least, is around the Providence mega shopping area. And it's pretty bad there. Otherwise, the rest of town isn't very congested at all. The state did open another I-40 interchange for Mt Juliet at Beckwith Road, and there's zero traffic around there.

The name "Mount" Juliet is kind of a misnommer as it's actually pretty flat, meaning there is lots and lots of room for more development. I'm sure this means the traffic will get worse, but that's true of anywhere around Nashville. And as nashvols said, at least Mt Juliet has commuter rail access to downtown Nashville.

I would also put Mt Juliet's schools a notch higher than Smyrna's, although Smyrna's schools are still pretty good. Mt Juliet High School, in particular, is one of the best public high schools in the state.
Class of 2003 stand up! Haha sorry, but yeah it's a good place to go to school.

But then again, moving into Mt. Juliet, someone could have their children eventually go to Wilson Central just as easily as MJHS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville