U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2013, 07:30 AM

2 posts, read 3,135 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

We are down visiting considering a move here from Maryland and would like to visit a verse-by-verse church near Hendersonville or Mt Juliet. Does anyone know of one?

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 07:53 AM

49,943 posts, read 53,917,791 times
Well, I've been attending church here for 23 years, but I had to Google "verse by verse" to see what it is. I guess it's one of those "If you have to ask what it is..." things.

Anyway sorry I cannot offer a personal recommendation, but if you Google "verse by verse church Nashville," a few options come up that you can narrow down by location.

Old 12-28-2013, 11:24 PM

659 posts, read 1,095,089 times
Which version of the bible do the verse by verse churches teach and do they include to Apocrypha or other lost/missing/previously excluded books of the bible?
Thanks

Old 01-03-2014, 08:57 AM

2 posts, read 3,135 times
Teaching verse by verse is a method and not specific to denomination. That being said, most churches I have attended that teach this way use either KJV, NKJV, or the ESV. I suppose you could teach verse by verse through any version of the bible and include those books, but most churches don't include those books for very valid reasons.

Thanks for the suggestion I did find a few in franklin and Nashville, but none closer to Hendersonville.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:01 PM

175 posts, read 349,394 times
I attended Fellowship Bible Church in Brentwood and they teach this way. I love this way of teaching.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:22 PM

99 posts, read 217,143 times
It's called expository preaching and it's usually used in a more conservative, traditional style of church. The only one I found that came up in Hendersonville is Redeemer church, although I'm sure there are others that just aren't listed. It's not always something that would be listed on their webpage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>