Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 02:22 PM

7 posts, read 89,792 times

Advertisements

Hi,

How hard is it to get work in country music in Nashville? My family lives about an hour away, so I'm not worried about immediate bills, but I have a good resume in communications/technology and have handled country music radio promotions websites out here in Los Angeles.. Where are the best places to look for these type of openings? I've looked at Gaylords' Website and CMTs..

Thanks for all the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 04:27 PM

1 posts, read 14,924 times
Hi My name is Travis Mann i was just wondering if there any country music singers need a tour bus driver if so contact me at [email]trav_23_2007@yahoo.com[/email]

Old 01-01-2009, 09:58 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,888,657 times
I've heard it's hard to break into the business here as alot of the local schools offer degrees involving the record industry in some way..

Old 06-11-2009, 11:12 AM

1 posts, read 14,058 times
Default Country Music Bodygaurd

Who do you have to know to get a job as a bodyguard for country music acts?

Old 06-11-2009, 12:23 PM

957 posts, read 3,698,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
You just about have to know the artist or be in tight with his/her manager. There are some companies who handle "event security" but that's not really a personal bodyguard thing. They usually try to hire people as cheap as they they can, so you can imagine who they end up with. Most don't like to pay more than $8/hour. If you have swat/police/recent military special forces experience, you may be able to get as much as $12, but that's rare.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:07 PM

145 posts, read 515,278 times
I have written more concert contracts that you can shake a stick at.....I used to work for a major concert venue handling all the paperwork issues related to shows by A-List performers, but not here in Nashville. Have worked in television as well. Strictly as an office person, mind you. And I'm married to a retired country musician that nobody's heard of since he was a backup musician. Can anyone name the guys that play the instruments for the big stars? Usually only the industry insiders know their names.

I had endless contact with the top Nashville/NY/Beverly Hills talent agencies, WMA, CAA, etc., back then and yet I'd probably never be able to get a job with them today, as much as I'd like it because I have so much work experience in the industry. I've heard they pretty much own you, that having a personal life is out of the question, that you'd probably spend nights sleeping under your desk, and that you have to work for peanuts or nothing (starting as an intern) just to get your foot in the door. Not sure how true it is, but it sounds about right. Those who work for artists tend to have the least glamorous life imaginable. If you can work for free, you might be able to get started in the business. I, unfortunately, have a house, utility bills, a personal life, and an ongoing need to eat.

If anyone lurking here works for one of the big entertainment companies in town, I'd love to hear from you on what it's really like.

I know I'm sounding jaded, and maybe I've earned it. After working in entertainment so long and with a flawless work history, you'd think I'd be able to find a job in Music Freakin' City.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:03 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,903,785 times
there seems to be a lot of age discrimination too - over 30 was over the hill in Los angeles...sad but true...plus everybody is so paranoid these days - they only hire the people with the right connections or that "know" you.. It's who you know as usual. good luck...

Old 06-18-2009, 04:38 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,739,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
Give Rock Solid Security a call .....

Rock Solid Security - Services

Old 07-18-2009, 01:34 PM

3 posts, read 20,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post
I've heard it's hard to break into the business here as alot of the local schools offer degrees involving the record industry in some way..

"Degrees in the "Music Business" "don't" mean much - Don't waste your money"

Old 09-26-2010, 10:20 AM

1 posts, read 11,191 times
I'm a divorced mother of four grown children with 20+ years commercial driving experience and would love to drive a bus/RV cross country for someone in the music industry. I'm free, flexible and love to travel. I'm a contientious driver with a fantastic safety record. I currently work for a local driveaway company in Indiana delivering trucks, RV's and busses cross country. Please email me with your name and phone number if you're looking for a dependable driver; [email]golddust48@hotmail.com[/email]

P.S. I'm also a writer with some great potential songs, poetry and an unfinished book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville