Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 11:24 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times

Advertisements

Do you not want to live in West End for some reason?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 11:55 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,741,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
You're not going to really find anything like Bell Midtown in Brentwood. I thought the Tapestry suggestion was right one point, but it seems a bit over budget and I'm unsure when they'll be complete. There are some other new units near completion at Seven Springs just north of Brentwood in Davidson County that may suit your needs, but I also do not recall whether those are condos or apartments.

If you're a young professional who wants an urban-style loft, then why Brentwood? Quite frankly, it seems to be the antithesis of what you're looking for when it comes to housing. Why not check some of the buildings along 8th Avenue or Wedgewood? It would be a straight shot down I-65 South or Franklin Road to Brentwood and offer you vastly more in the way of amenities geared towards young professionals.

23Hundred at Berry Hill is right in your range and sounds like something you'd love. There's a few other major loft projects in that area that are either brand new or under construction. If you'd rather like in Williamson County, then Cools Springs would pretty much be your only other option.

23Hundred in Berry Hill would take him about 15 minutes, tops.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:59 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,330,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zork View Post

I'm flexible, can pay even $1500 for one bedroom if the place will be right, and I plan to move in the next two months.

This apartment complex is what I'm looking for, but unfortunately it's located in West End

Bell Midtown | Photos & Features | Apartments for Rent in Nashville, TN

Anything similar near Brentwood?
What is it about that type of complex that attracts you? That style is much more common near downtown Nashville, and really not anywhere else around town. Cool Springs will be the only area that comes relatively close.

Brentwood as a city has long been opposed to any sort of multifamily housing. In fact, there is a group still fighting against the Tapestry project that Wmsn posted. If you're looking for an urban/modern style complex, Brentwood itself can't even be on the list. You can either live in the more urbanized core area of Nashville, or you can live in the suburban, but very built up Cool Springs area. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. But I would put a giant red 'X' through Brentwood.

Old 01-05-2014, 04:59 PM

9 posts, read 12,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Do you not want to live in West End for some reason?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard the West End near that Bell complex is not really nice... I read something about projects being close. I am definetly looking for something with low crime rate.

The reason I want to be near Brentwood is that my work place is there and I don't wanna spend 30 mins commuting back and forth.

I will check all those apartment complexes you mentioned. Any other advice would be great. Maybe I will even check this Bell community.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:03 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,741,047 times
whereabouts in Brentwood will you be working?

Old 01-05-2014, 06:01 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,719,927 times
Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard the West End near that Bell complex is not really nice... I read something about projects being close. I am definetly looking for something with low crime rate.
I would agree with that. My co-worker checked them out and didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling. I'd check the new places on 8th Ave. You're right onto 65 and almost to Brentwood.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:23 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:

The reason I want to be near Brentwood is that my work place is there and I don't wanna spend 30 mins commuting back and forth.

I will check all those apartment complexes you mentioned. Any other advice would be great. Maybe I will even check this Bell community.
It's just closer to Charlotte Ave. than to the Vanderbilt side of West End. It's not Hell's Kitchen, but probably not the safest area to walk alone at night.

I don't blame you for not wanting to commute, and as a Brentwood resident, we don't need any more commuters anyway.

You could try the District at Seven Springs like ariesjow mentioned. It's not in the city of Brentwood proper, but it is right on Old Hickory Blvd, which borders Williamson County:

A first look at the $40M District at Seven Springs apartments | Business Blog | The Tennessean

No interstate travel required (assuming you're in Maryland Farms).

Old 01-05-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Bell is not really in West End. It's close to Charlotte Pk, an area that is improving, but has a ways to go.

West End is generally a nice area.

Old 02-13-2014, 01:31 PM

9 posts, read 12,632 times
Thanks for all the suggestions.

At this point I'm also considering downtown. I like Adelicia building -- very modern and exactly what I'm looking for. Unfortunately they do not have any apartments for lease any more.

Anything similar in style and luxury to it?

Old 02-13-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Thanks for all the suggestions.

At this point I'm also considering downtown. I like Adelicia building -- very modern and exactly what I'm looking for. Unfortunately they do not have any apartments for lease any more.

Anything similar in style and luxury to it?
TwelveTwelve in the Gulch is under construction, and will probably be similar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville