Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2014, 05:51 PM

4 posts, read 4,349 times

Advertisements

Hello!

I am about to finish my graduate degree at MTSU. I have a job lined up, and my boyfriend currently makes 11.50 an hour. However, he wants to try and go back to school once I am done.

Our goal:
We've lived in Murfreesboro for two years, but now with work and school moving more towards Nashville we want to follow it.

Our delimma:
With my new job offer, we've upped out acceptable rent amount from 600$ to 800$. However, we really need a two bedroom with all the crap we have. Two desks, a queen sized bed, etc. etc. So far, nothing good! We've explored around Nashville (Smyrna, LaVergne, Madison, Hermitage, etc etc) and so far are coming up only with shady, crime ridden places! Reviews are horrible! When we find a new potentially good place, we go look around and get scared off. Houses for rent are no better. The only safe and decent looking places are asking closer to 1000$ for rent!! We cannot really afford to go beyond 800$ as an amount for rent.

Please help! Any suggestions would be great!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2014, 06:00 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
For starters, some of the areas you've named are more likely to be crime-ridden. Have you looked over toward Bellevue? There MAY be some 2BR for $800 over there. Keep in mind, however, the TOP of your price range is the AVERAGE 1-bedroom rent in Nashville.

If you can't earn more income now, then you'll have to hold on to your dreams until you can.

Old 01-18-2014, 07:03 PM

914 posts, read 1,982,701 times
Where are your jobs going to be? If it is in a place that you could take public transit to work then you could jettison a car and save on insurance, gas,etc and use more of your money on housing. There are neighborhoods where this would work and I think you would enjoy your time in nashville more.

Old 01-18-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
For starters, some of the areas you've named are more likely to be crime-ridden. Have you looked over toward Bellevue? There MAY be some 2BR for $800 over there. Keep in mind, however, the TOP of your price range is the AVERAGE 1-bedroom rent in Nashville.

If you can't earn more income now, then you'll have to hold on to your dreams until you can.
We've started to realize that..... I will check Bellevue. My job says they will work with where I am located, with monthly meetings near Madison. Do you think staying in Murfreesboro would be a better financial bet?

Old 01-18-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey_Hey View Post
Where are your jobs going to be? If it is in a place that you could take public transit to work then you could jettison a car and save on insurance, gas,etc and use more of your money on housing. There are neighborhoods where this would work and I think you would enjoy your time in nashville more.
Public transit would be a no go. I will be an in-home therapist with various clients. He will be traveling to school and work.

Old 01-18-2014, 07:46 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Right now, yes, especially if the BF is going to MTSU.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:39 PM

He is going to a community college in smyrna and then to mortuary school in downtown Nashville....

Old 01-18-2014, 09:28 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,086,830 times
I don't know anything about this place, but Spring Hill would get you a BIT closer? At least you'd avoid 24. And a 2 bedroom is in your price range.

Villages at Spring Hill / Floorplans

Or you could rent a small storage until for all your "stuff" but it would probably cost $50 just to do that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville