Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2014, 10:26 AM

3 posts, read 9,365 times

Advertisements

My husband is being pursued heavily for a job in downtown Nashville. We currently live about 15 minutes outside Cincinnati (in NKY). My husband uses back roads to get downtown (virtually no traffic). Ideally, we would like a similar location in Nashville. We have three children (5/3/8 months), so a safe area is important. Also, we would like to continue with Catholic education. Our budget for purchasing a home is in the $300/400k range. Where is a nice community with an easy commute plus a good Catholic school? We feel like Franklin is too far. Is the Hermitage/Ravenwood area nice? We found a house we like on the golf course (soon to be green space). Thanks in advance for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2014, 11:39 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,772 times
I'm afraid I don't know anything about Hermitage in terms of a commute but someone will. I live in Franklin and really like it here. There ARE other ways into the city that are not the highway but Nashville's got traffic. I visit Cincinnati often and find it to be worse THERE. I don't think you'll find a true "country roads" commute into Nashville. From Franklin there are other options besides 65 . . . Franklin Rd, Hillsboro Rd, Granny White. Where near Cincinnati are you? I have good friends in Oregonia (near Lebanon, Fort Ancient).

Cincinnati and Nashville were both contenders but Nashville won for the weather, property taxes, and traffic. But my Mom grew up there and has very fond memories!

Old 01-19-2014, 01:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,071 times
Have you looked in to Hendersonville? 25 minutes to Downtown. Station Camp Schools which are highly rated. 300-400K range will result in new construction. Drees Homes, Southeastern, etc.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:17 PM

64 posts, read 90,758 times
We r in the same situation, but my husband is going to be working in la vergne. My kids r 8,5,3 and we r moving to the area from md. From all of my research, If u want great schools, u want to be in the Williamson county school district. This includes Brentwood, Franklin, parts of nolensville, parts of Arrington, spring hill. Traffic didn't seem as bad for us coming from the cool springs area(Franklin at 65) to downtown Nashville. Only took us 30 min in rush hour traffic. I'm sure others have more insight, but that us the areas we've narrowed our home search down to. Best of luck!

Old 01-19-2014, 05:11 PM

2,428 posts, read 5,546,355 times
If you are going to do Catholic school you might want to consider Bellevue. St. Henry's and St. Matthews are very easy access (maybe even technically in) Bellevue.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:40 PM
nra

72 posts, read 268,621 times
If you live in Hermitage you have the option of DCA or Holy Rosary for schools. Also Hermitage has a train station that gets one to Downtown and a back road too to Downtown.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:35 PM

3,043 posts, read 3,313,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
If you are going to do Catholic school you might want to consider Bellevue. St. Henry's and St. Matthews are very easy access (maybe even technically in) Bellevue.
If you search the 37205 zip for St Henry's school/church you may find some homes nearby. Usually considered part of West Meade. Very nice area in between Bellevue, Belle Meade, etc. West Meade post office strategically located at junction US70S, Highway 100 & Page Road. In the future, access to downtown will depend on what develops with the AMP.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:20 PM

3 posts, read 9,365 times
Thanks all! We are actually searching Bellevue now too. According to some online sites, Hermitage's crime rate is very high. What's the AMP?

Old 01-22-2014, 05:54 PM

3,043 posts, read 3,313,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYwildkitten View Post
Thanks all! We are actually searching Bellevue now too. According to some online sites, Hermitage's crime rate is very high. What's the AMP?

The AMP is a proposed Bus Rapid Transit line that would connect St Thomas hospital near White Bridge Road to downtown Nashville & a 5 points site in East Nashville.

The MTA is the local bus that would operate the AMP. http://www.nashvillemta.org/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville