Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 05:47 PM

8 posts, read 29,915 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Nolensville in December. Can anyone tell me if they are happy with At&T or Comcast for HDTV/internet./phone I am a bit concerned to try At&T because it would be a dish but the prices seem much cheaper if you bundle services. Any opinions? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 06:01 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,126,151 times
I hear complains about both, but in a head-to-head race about which is despised the most, Comcast would win hands-down I think.

At least AT&T has good customer service for the most part.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:24 AM

1,715 posts, read 6,959,305 times
We switched from Dish Network to Comcast in February, although we didn't have an HD package w/Dish.

Generally, I liked Dish a lot better. The only really good thing to say about Comcast is that we got a really good rate for this year b/c we did the Dish buy-back program.

People complain about satellite going out, but we've had our cable go out three times as much as our satellite did. The DVR was also much more functional with Dish.

It's not that Comcast is bad, it's just not that special.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:45 AM

297 posts, read 1,075,375 times
Any idea when Verizon Fios will be coming to Nashville?

Old 11-29-2007, 09:02 AM

1,363 posts, read 4,263,388 times
If you want high speed internet, make sure it's available in the area you're moving to. I was originally getting AT&T high speed internet and when I called to reconfirm the order I placed, I was told it was only dial-up and the first representative was incorrect. I checked this 3 more time to find out AT&T only had dial up in my area. I went with Comcast and was able to get high speed.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:46 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,335,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan2 View Post
I am moving to Nolensville in December. Can anyone tell me if they are happy with At&T or Comcast for HDTV/internet./phone I am a bit concerned to try At&T because it would be a dish but the prices seem much cheaper if you bundle services. Any opinions? Thanks.
You may not be able to get AT&T , because I know in some parts of Nolensville, they only have a private phone company. Call and Check to see.

Diane G

Old 11-30-2007, 10:18 PM

112 posts, read 521,044 times
The answer: Not Comcast. I don't know anything about AT and T's service, but it couldn't possibly be worse than Comcast. We once had our cable/internet down for 4 days, and they weren't even answering their customer service line that whole time. It'd just tell me to call back when call volume was lower. Yeah, Comcast blows.

Old 12-01-2007, 02:01 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,708,011 times
AT&t/Bell South's customer service is awful. I won't have anything to do with the Bell South group.

I have Comcast for Internet & TV.

I have Vonage for my Internet phone, I don't get it thru Comcast. I have the base package of 500 minutes per month for $14.99. With tax it's $20.

Nodak, if you have to call Comcast, ask for "Networking" assistance. Those people know more than anyone, and have always addressed my needs. I never call Customer Service with connection problems anymore, just the Networking people.

Old 12-01-2007, 02:03 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,708,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan2 View Post
Cubsfan, welcome to Nashville! I am a card carrying member of the Die Hard Cubs Fan club.

You'll love it here.

Old 12-01-2007, 11:27 PM

66 posts, read 302,150 times
I have AT&T DSL for $10 a month and have been happy with it. Downloads are WAY slower than cable. But, Comcast Cable Internet is $42 a month and DSL is only $10 so there's no contest for me.

I have Comcast TV with digital service. They've been running a commercial for the past month on TV advertising Comcast TV + digital starter with 10 channels of HBO for $19.99 for 6 months. Current subscribers are not eligible. Promo will probably be over soon. I got this deal and I called today and found out I'd been charged regular price of $70.00 instead of $19.99. I was told by customer service they would make sure my bill was changed to the correct charge. This is VERY typical of Comcast. They overcharge all the time. Keep very good records if they promise you a promotion -- who you talked with, their ID number, what was said, etc. It's very possible you'll need that information to dispute overcharges in the future.

Here's how to get $10 AT&T DSL:

AT&T is offering a digital subscriber line (DSL) plan for $10 a month as part of the concessions made to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the $86 billion dollar acquisition of BellSouth Corp that was approved last December.

The offer was made available to first-time customers in the 22-state AT&T service region. Local phone service and a 1-year contract are required, although there is no charge for the modem. AT&T is mandated by the FCC to keep the offer for at least 2 and a half years.

For obvious reasons, AT&T is not heavily advertising this plan and it's not easily accessible on their web site. To find the offer, you'll need to follow these steps:
  • Go to their DSL Residential Service page
  • Click on one of the "learn more" links
  • At the bottom of the next page that appears you'll find a "Terms and Conditions" link.
  • Once you've clicked the Terms and Conditions link, you'll see the $10 offer for new subscribers.
  • NOTE: You can also find it once you go into the application process online.
The plan will provide download speeds of up to 768 kilobits per second (kbps) and upload speeds of up to 128 kbps, which is equivalent to the cheapest advertised AT&T plan.

AT&T have made no public announcements regarding the service plan, which was first reported by The Tennessean in Nashville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville