Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 08:13 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,421,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anony-Momma View Post
Westhaven was hit over the weekend - did I read 10 break-ins?? The Franklin PD sent a reminder via social media that if your car is parked on a street, to remove valuables and to avoid leaving purses etc visible through a home window at night.
You did.

City of Franklin : Media Releases : Westhaven Home Entered by Burglar While Family Slept

3 guns stolen in total. Lets hope the police catch them and that they are so desperate for drugs that they sell the guns to drug dealers who use them to kill each other. Otherwise those scum bags that were breaking in with crow bars and bats are now armed....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 08:15 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Yes, she lives in Westhaven in Franklin.

When thieves do come here, it's because it's a target-rich environment. Crooks know where all the stuff is. And despite police warnings, people leave all kinds of stuff just lying in plain sight in their vehicles: iPads, purses, guns, money. It's ridiculous.

A little common sense goes a long way.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:20 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,772 times
The Westhaven break ins were cars with visible valuables it sounds like and ONE house. Very VERY strange for that neighborhood. Kinda wonder if it was a local kid gone rogue? I live in Fieldstone Farms in Franklin and yes, I feel safe. Having dogs, even small ones is great. I think ANY barking is enough to scare someone away.

You could always buy in a gated community but I really don't think it's necessary unless you are a rock musician or an actor and have rabid fans. I often go into downtown Nashville at night for concerts and feel perfectly safe walking to my car as long as there are other folks milling about after a show lets out.

I know that it was a bit of a concern when I moved here but knock on wood I haven't had any trouble nor do I know of anyone who has . . . .

Where in Franklin are you looking to land???

Old 01-27-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
The Westhaven break ins were cars with visible valuables it sounds like . . . .

Where in Franklin are you looking to land???
Not sure, I'm just learning now about different sections (?) like westhaven etc. We loved the style of homes in SP--heard about TS on a "best of" towns to live in US list-- in our price range (300-350k). That contemporary/country feel is so inviting. But then we decided that TS was a little too small a town for us. That led me to look at surrounding towns and find Franklin.

Ideally, we would like all the things we love about the north (stereotyped to not exist in the south) but without everything else up here entails. So we want pizza, sushi, indian food, shopping malls/designer stores, music (yeah nashville excites us), low crime, yoga for the misses, etc and Franklin seems to have it ALL.

I would most likely work in Nashville. The wife is a pharma rep and thus not tied to an office so not worried about her. We are open to other towns but really like the idea of Franklin. Spring Hill looks nice too but maybe a little too far from Nashville.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:02 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,332,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Yes, she lives in Westhaven in Franklin.

When thieves do come here, it's because it's a target-rich environment. Crooks know where all the stuff is. And despite police warnings, people leave all kinds of stuff just lying in plain sight in their vehicles: iPads, purses, guns, money. It's ridiculous.

A little common sense goes a long way.
I have no idea why people are so naive when it comes to leaving things in cars. Valuables? That's just stupid. Guns?? Holy crap...who leaves a gun in their car overnight??

Old 01-27-2014, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
I have no idea why people are so naive when it comes to leaving things in cars. Valuables? That's just stupid. Guns?? Holy crap...who leaves a gun in their car overnight??
I was thinking the same thing when I read this. What an idiot. He just put his entire community at risk. Some people don't think more than 5 minutes ahead in their life.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
I know, right?? One of my friends had come back from hunting and had a shotgun stolen out of his truck. It was in a case in the "back seat" of the King Cab.

A lot of my female friends treat their SUVs like rolling closets. SO they are constantly full of stuff for errands they're gonna do "someday." One had some jewelry in her console she was going to get repaired "someday" while she was out. She also had Ralph Lauren clothing meant to be returned to the outlet store in Lebanon and a checkbook from the same console.

One thief broke her window at the Maryland Farms YMCA and took it all.

What I don't get are the women who "run in" to a store or school and leave these designer handbags on the front seat. Happens all.the.time.

Old 01-27-2014, 10:24 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,720,623 times
Quote:
What I don't get are the women who "run in" to a store or school and leave these designer handbags on the front seat. Happens all.the.time.
Seriously?! I set my house alarm if I just go out for a jog or bike ride.

Old 01-28-2014, 05:31 AM

It's true. People move here because it's safe, which it is, but it also seems to leave them with a false sense of security.

Our police department last year started an active Park Smart campaign to get folks to wake up.

http://www.brentwoodhomepage.com/bre...1#.UuejJMtOKSM

Old 01-28-2014, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It's true. People move here because it's safe, which it is, but it also seems to leave them with a false sense of security.

Our police department last year started an active Park Smart campaign to get folks to wake up.

Brentwood Police step up patrols for 'Park Smart' program on Brentwood Home Page
I hear that. My wife's situational awareness needs to be honed some lol. She does things sometimes that makes me shake my head. She works out of her car though, so is much busier and prone to doing such things.

Nevertheless, it sucks if you need to "worry" about it on your own street, in front of your home or your driveway. Garage parking lots, city side streets, these are all typical, but home is too personal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville