Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2014, 02:25 PM

73 posts, read 234,011 times

Advertisements

What are some of the healthier restaurant options around the Nashville area? For instance, tonight I really wanted steak but wanted to try somewhere other than Chop House that does not have Trans Fat. I was shocked to find so much Trans Fat in Long Horn, O'Charleys, Cheesecake Factory's meals and several other restaurants. I have been eating at Sperry's in Cool Springs lately but they don't list whether it has it or not. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

My suggestion would be Thai Phooket in Madison or Basil Bistro in Franklin if you enjoy Thai.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 04:02 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,345,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
I was shocked to find so much Trans Fat in Long Horn, O'Charleys, Cheesecake Factory's meals and several other restaurants.
You were? Really?

Chains are probably more likely to post statistics. It's harder for local places, but some of them do specialize in healthier food options, so you might have better luck with those (someone else will have to list them, though -- I don't really frequent those places).

Old 01-30-2014, 04:12 PM

Yes really. Is that so hard to believe? Take Jasons Deli Grilled Cheese and a Baked Potato. It has 24 grams of trans fat. Who would think that? I'm pretty certain YOU would never have guessed that. Most people expect that it may not be the healthiest food, but it is very shocking to see the actual numbers.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:51 PM

Cool.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:55 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,425,417 times
Quote:
Yes really. Is that so hard to believe? Take Jasons Deli Grilled Cheese and a Baked Potato. It has 24 grams of trans fat. Who would think that? I'm pretty certain YOU would never have guessed that. Most people expect that it may not be the healthiest food, but it is very shocking to see the actual numbers.

My "guess-timate" is usually quite off. My wife will grab her phone and look up the nutritional facts of what we are eating (when at a chain restaurant) and make me guess. For some reason, I'm always surprised when my go-to "1500 calories" answer is way on the low side lol. scary.

I love food though. I beg my wife every day to just "Love me and let us grow old and fat together" but she never obliges. I miss mass consumption of buttery carbs...wrapped in bacon.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:55 PM

33 posts, read 50,923 times
Quote:
Grilled cheese, Mac & Cheese, etc. are pretty much the worst things you can eat on any menu. Ever eat them at Panera? You never will again if you see the nutrition. I won't touch any of their pastas actually.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:31 PM

Just to give an update: I did contact Jason's Deli to verify that those numbers on trans fat were accurate and they replied that they were incorrect and would be changing them. We were thinking about eating there the other night until I came across those numbers.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:10 PM

Probably total fat numbers.

Anyways, I'm sure it's hard for these places to keep up with the weight loss du jour stats. It was calories...then fat...then saturated fat...then carbs...then transfat. What's next?

I just want me some ribs.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:17 PM

201 posts, read 320,281 times
The healthiest restaurant in any town is your kitchen.

Even breaking it down from the word healthy is tough. Healthy to one isn't healthy to another and everyone needs to figure out what their own reactive foods are and avoid them. Corn is a major reactive food and it's literally everywhere here from corn syrup used in sauces to corn based breading on fried foods to regular old cornbread (that tastes so good!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville