U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2014, 12:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,477 times

Advertisements

Hello Tennessee!
My husband and I are FINALLY relocating to TN.! I think TN is the most beautiful state I have ever been to! I am flying out on Thursday Feb. 6 to interview for 2 different jobs in Franklin. However, we own our home in AZ. and will be renting it out, but until my husband is able to join me I will need to find a room for rent but have no idea where to begin. I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to go about this.
Thank you all for your input and suggestions!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2014, 01:15 PM

49,924 posts, read 55,753,214 times
Please let us know if you plan to rent or buy and what your housing budget is.

Old 02-02-2014, 02:41 PM

584 posts, read 1,085,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizTransplant View Post
Hello Tennessee!
My husband and I are FINALLY relocating to TN.! I think TN is the most beautiful state I have ever been to! I am flying out on Thursday Feb. 6 to interview for 2 different jobs in Franklin. However, we own our home in AZ. and will be renting it out, but until my husband is able to join me I will need to find a room for rent but have no idea where to begin. I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to go about this.
Thank you all for your input and suggestions!
A room to rent - I'd call the extended stay hotels and get rates as a beginning. Residence Inn off of Carothers on Meridian has a huge breakfast included in rate and a snack supper several nights a week - you'd get one meal included in your rent every day and two some days, with a full kitchen.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:26 PM

3,760 posts, read 6,706,890 times
Best of luck with your job interviews!

Not sure how long of a time you want to rent a room for . . . but I do understand that to rent a home in a private room, most homeowners would want someone to stay at least 6 months?

I looked on VRBO.com which rents apartments to people on a nightly/weekly basis and the cheapest WEEKLY rate was $700 a week. I suppose you could contact the owner to see if they would cut you a deal but suspect they'd at least want $1400/$1500 for a month?

My favorite location for the long term hotels is Maryland Farms which is in Brentwood. Easy drive south on Franklin Road to either downtown Franklin or Cool Springs.

Hotels there include:

Baymont Inn And Suites
http://www.baymontinns.com/hotels/te...view?cid=local

Homewood Suites by Hilton
Brentwood Hotel - Homewood Suites Nashville Brentwood Hotel

Mainstay Suites Brentwood
Brentwood TN Hotels - Mainstay Suites hotel near Vanderbilt University

Candlewood Suites
Candlewood Suites Nashville-Brentwood - Brentwood, Tennessee

I would not of course, pay the nightly rate, but see how much they would charge on a weekly or monthly basis. There's also an Extended Stay America (Nashville - Brentwood - South hotel | Extended Stay America) but I don't like the location as much.

Maryland Farms has a few grocery stores, lots of fast food and take out restaurants and easy access to I-65 (Old Hickory Exit) and a Y, and I would consider it a safe area (but obviously, don't leave valuables in your car). If nothing else it would be a place to 'land' while you look at other options IN PERSON and get to know the area!

Hope it all works out for you in Franklin!

PS. Been pretty cold here lately . . . . . .

Old 07-12-2014, 10:02 PM

28 posts, read 53,768 times
I am also looking around. I have an interview in 2 weeks for a good job in Franklin. If I get the job, I was wondering what is the cheapest 3 months stay at an extended stay hotel till I settle in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: