Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 09:18 PM

813 posts, read 2,031,092 times

Advertisements

Weird seeing this bumped again but thanks for all the compliments. I'll take some more pics of different neighborhood when the weather is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyguy22 View Post
Please don't quote posts with like 20 pictures, it's annoying and unnecessary.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. No one quoting my original post with pics. However, I did post a separate set of pictures which you'll notice if you look closer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 09:21 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,486,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
I'm not sure what you're talking about. No one quoting my original post with pics. However, I did post a separate set of pictures which you'll notice if you look closer.
If you'll look closely at the thread you will notice that I edited a post that had quoted ALL of your pictures. The quote of all of the pictures was causing an annoyance for several members.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:35 AM

2 posts, read 100,685 times
Default Awesome Pics!

Thanks for sharing your pics. My husband and I are leaving Ontario, Canada to go to Nashville for the first time April 20. I'm so excited and would also like to see some of the homes where the Country singers live...lol. If anyone has any suggestions to make our trip everything it should be for 1st time visitors to Nashville please email me at [EMAIL="rhawnie@gmail.com"]rhawnie@gmail.com[/EMAIL]. Thank you very much.

LuvRhawnie

Old 04-10-2009, 02:36 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,591,433 times
Wow! Nashville is an absolutely beautiful city, and this comes from a Rust-Belter who usually admonishes the "New South" for all of its legendary issues with urban sprawl. There's a surprising amount of residential development occurring downtown despite the recession, and the more people who are living downtown, the more likely you will be to keep it booming! Wonderful! I have to go to Memphis in June to do training for my new job in Virginia, and if the government lets me I might just drive down instead of flying down so I can take a side-trip to see Downtown Nashville for a few hours.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:12 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,946,186 times
I love love love these pics! I'm glad this thread was resurrected.

One thing I found funny. Under one pic the OP wrote "more Encore." That's funny to me because in French "encore" means "more" so it's like saying "more more."

Old 04-10-2009, 09:37 PM

7,538 posts, read 17,226,479 times
Have the Pinnacle or West End Summit sites started building or were they pushed back for the recession?

ETA- Googled. Looks like WES is stalled, without a lead tenant and/or financing, or perhaps dead. The Pinnacle was topped out not long ago and is moving along quite nicely.

Last edited by jabogitlu; 04-10-2009 at 10:01 PM..

Old 04-11-2009, 06:15 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,346,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12buttons View Post
Downtown Nashville has a lot going for it...good looking aint one of em -folks this is one butt ugly city...sure it has a hot music scene, good food, Vandy, but it will never win any design awards..it's a mish mosh...looks like the westside of LA on a bad day....wish it looked better but compare it to Boston or even Baltimore...I don't understand why folks want to live there for so much money..I just don't see the value...traffic is choking bad too...better areas are Franklin, Green Hills, and if ya want pretty Liepers Fork ! Good luck...TN is a good choice!
it is kind of surprising...i thought it would be prettier...one of the problems is that the downtown is just to small to showcase the newer buildings. additionally, the very lowrise buildings look like ghetto buildings. look at the wiki site. the low buildings in the picture diminishes the new structures. looks like building code/architects would see these problems. guess they just want to sell buildings, though.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:02 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,364,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Wow! Nashville is an absolutely beautiful city, and this comes from a Rust-Belter who usually admonishes the "New South" for all of its legendary issues with urban sprawl. There's a surprising amount of residential development occurring downtown despite the recession, and the more people who are living downtown, the more likely you will be to keep it booming! Wonderful! I have to go to Memphis in June to do training for my new job in Virginia, and if the government lets me I might just drive down instead of flying down so I can take a side-trip to see Downtown Nashville for a few hours.
Scran,
My son just had 2 friends here from NJ, Both now want to move here. The one that came this weekend said when he gets home he will be looking for jobs here, he loved it so much.

You need to be Downtown on a Saurday night! Now, Memphis, ya'll see why we call it the armpit of the state.

Diane G

Old 04-16-2009, 01:52 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,346,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Scran,
My son just had 2 friends here from NJ, Both now want to move here. The one that came this weekend said when he gets home he will be looking for jobs here, he loved it so much.

You need to be Downtown on a Saurday night! Now, Memphis, ya'll see why we call it the armpit of the state.

Diane G
yes, i know people in memphis know why nashville has that unfortunate title of "armpit of the state!" perhaps in 25-30 years the town will be able to overcome that sterotype...hopefully.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:15 PM

7,538 posts, read 17,226,479 times
Funny, I thought that was Newport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville