Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2014, 05:06 PM

16 posts, read 38,667 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. My boyfriend and I are moving to Nashville after being residents of Knoxville for a few years. He has a job offer that's bringing us to the west side, specifically the Bellevue area. Right now we'er 99% sure we'll be renting at Landmark at Lyncrest Reserve - anyone familiar with that complex? We're unfortunately leasing sight unseen since it's going to be such short notice.

Also, what else should we expect in the Bellevue area? We drove around for a short period of time (around the Publix area) when we were in town last, knowing we would probably be relocating to the area soon. But unfortunately, we didn't get to spend much time exploring.

Also, anyone have any other favorite places they like to visit in Nashville? We managed to briefly visit the 12 South neighborhood as well as some of downtown Nashville (Painter's Alley area). What else should we take time to do once we move there?

We're 25-26 years old and enjoy being outside, going out for dinner & drinks, shopping. I've heard the Green Hills (?) mall is excellent. What else should we look forward to?

I've only been to Nashville the one time we went for his interview, so the area is completely new to me.

Thanks in advance for all the tips, advice & recommendations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 05:45 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,210,133 times
I've lived in Bellevue for almost 30 years. It's a nice, safe area, so I don't think you can go wrong in that regard, although I don't know that there is anything spectacular about the area. For fun and nightlife you can drive to the West End/SoBro/Downtown area in ten or fifteen minutes during non-rush hour times. We're a little short of nicer restaurants in the Bellevue area, although the Loveless Cafe is famous.

There are some nice natural areas and other attractions (Cheekwood, Belle Meade Plantation, The Frist Center for the Visual Art, Radnor Lake, Centennial Park, the Harpeth and Montgomery Bell state parks, etc.) within a short drive. Be sure to check out the Warner Parks. Yeah, for shopping it's either Green Hills or Cool Springs/Brentwood (take Old Hickory Blvd.) or one of the big box stores in the area (Walmart, Target, Sam's, etc.). There was a mall in Bellevue but it's closed now except for the Sears store.

There are at least two or three of us on here who live in Bellevue; if you have any specific questions I or one of the others would be happy to try to answer them.

Welcome to Nashville. I hope you enjoy your life here.

Edited to add: I had to look up that apartment complex (if I remember correctly it used to go by a different name). I'm not personally familiar with it, but I'm guessing it's not the nicest complex in the area. It would probably be okay for an initial move, but maybe not for long-term. You will have quick access to I-40.

Last edited by alleycat; 02-22-2014 at 06:03 PM..

Old 02-22-2014, 08:17 PM

16 posts, read 38,667 times
Thanks for the quick response. I remember seeing the closed down mall with the Sears in it when we were there visiting a few weeks ago. I'll be sure to look up the other areas as well. It seems like Bellevue is in a good location in regards to a short drive to most places we'd need to go.

And I'm not sure if the apartment complex use to go by a different name, but I do know they are under new management and doing renovations. Although our goal is to rent for 6 months or so and then hopefully buy a house by the end of that.

And I'll definitely be sure to check out the Loveless Cafe.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:45 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,210,133 times
You can find all of your daily needs in the general area--grocery stores, banks, drug stores, dry cleaners, fast food restaurants, big box stores, etc. We just don't have any department stores. After you get here you might want to take a drive down Charlotte Pike and Highway 100 just to see what's in the area (you will find Walmart, Target, Lowe's, Best Buys, and other stores off of Charlotte within a five-minute drive of you).

A couple of other restaurants to try: Antonio's and the City Limits Cafe (both on Old Harding).

Old 02-25-2014, 09:07 PM

3,042 posts, read 3,311,876 times
The apartments you mention have new owners & are located near I-40 & Old Hickory. The question of if you will like them depends on how much you like city noise & traffic Vs a somewhat rural location. Getting on I-40 is very easy, just join the parade. Getting to WalMart & the West Nashville shopping is a short drive away. There are other stores (Kroger) if you take Old Hickory into town & US70S. Sam's Club is next door.

One tip would be to have a 2nd floor apartment or if on the first floor keep the windows locked to prevent anyone from breaking in. You do need to be sure any screens are secure so nobody can climb in and steal stuff.

If I remember, the facility should have it's own little clubhouse so you can enjoy some of the park like areas.

Getting around will require a good car, you may tire of having to drive anywhere most of the time. May be fine to start for the spring/summer but do something else for the fall/winter.

There are many apartments closer to Kroger at US70S & Old Hickory if you want to be closer to the "city" part of Bellevue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville