Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2014, 12:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,339 times

Advertisements

Hello! I'm a single 24 yo woman moving to Nashville in June. I'm looking at renting a one bedroom apartment for less than $700/month. I was looking at Overlook Estates Apartments on Murfreesboro Pike. What do you think about it? Is it a safe area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 11:43 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,476,232 times
I don't know the apartment complex personally, but my impression of the area is that it wouldn't be my first choice and certainly wouldn't be a long term choice. The area is heavily commercial...lots of offices, some warehouses/industry, and quite a few strip mall type establishments. There are a number of apartments in the area along with some older homes/subdivisions from the 1950s-60s. But it is a high traffic area near 2 major interstates, a major artery in Murfreesboro Pike, and close proximity to Briley Parkway and the airport. I won't say it's run-down, but the area certainly could use some revitalization.

I hopped on Crime Mapping's website and there have been 40 reported crimes in a 2 mile radius of the address in the last week. Those run the spectrum of fraud, vehicle break in, DUI, and assault.

So, my personal take is to keep searching but I will tell you that Nashville's rental market is red-hot right now. It will be hard to find a 1 bedroom at $700 in a perfect area of town. If you're wanting something relatively close to this area of town, I would probably look a little further out in the Hermitage or Donelson areas.

Have you considered looking in some of the bordering counties or further out from Nashville in Davidson County? Do you know where you'll be working and what is a reasonable commute time for you? That might help us guide you in some different directions.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:04 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,086,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
So, my personal take is to keep searching but I will tell you that Nashville's rental market is red-hot right now. It will be hard to find a 1 bedroom at $700 in a perfect area of town. If you're wanting something relatively close to this area of town, I would probably look a little further out in the Hermitage or Donelson areas.
That's still pushing it a little bit for a 1 bedroom, but rents will fluctuate every so often so deals can be found, but I'd try one of these places:

Oakwell Farms Apartments in Hermitage, TN 37076
Stewart's Ferry Apartment Homes Apartment Rentals
Apartments in Hermitage, TN | The Park at Hermitage

....but if you don't have a job they may not allow you to move in due to an income requirement. The first two of those places have one, I know for a fact, not sure about the third.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville