Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2014, 08:05 AM

328 posts, read 568,740 times

Advertisements

Finally got the family together for a trip to Tennessee. Thank you all for suggestions, etc..
We stopped in Memphis for lunch and the places we had picked for bbq were closed because it was a Sunday afternoon. We ended up at Central and felt like it was just ok and overpriced. Wish the other places had been open, but so it goes.
While we were in Franklin we visited downtown Franklin and ate at Puckett's which was great.
We went to the Carnton Plantation and took the tour which was interesting. I'm a nurse so the fact
that the house was used as a field hospital was pretty cool to me.
Drove out to Leiper's Fork with my daughter and enjoyed the drive out there as always.
We went to Nashville and checked out Vanderbilt and then went to 3rd & Lindsley "Backstage" for an intimate show with Song Suffragette's. They are some very talented young ladies and sang in the round. Check them out if you get the chance on Monday nights 7:30-8:30. My daughter's friend is one of the young ladies so it was really neat for her to get to watch her perform.
We rented a cabin between Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.
Pigeon Forge has more of the touristy shows, etc while Gatlinburg feels more like a mountain town although lots of tourist shops there etc..
We drove to Newfound Gap at the TN and NC state line and that was nice.
Overall the views from the cabin and while driving were nice. The trees were pretty bare with the exception of once we got up towards Newfound Gap...but still, we loved the Smoky Mountains.
We will explore more next time we come as we didn't have a ton of time. I would like to check out the "quiet" side of the Smokys next.
Just wanted to give some info for others that may be traveling to TN..if you have any questions PM me or post here. Can't wait to get back to TN~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 10:16 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,088,451 times
Thanks for the post . . sounds like you had a great time BUT you must be exhausted! Sorry Spring is so late this year. Normally trees are budding little lime green budlets (I made that word up) by now!

Old 03-24-2014, 02:07 PM

That's ok..I hope to sneak a longer trip in this summer to do lots of exploring..

Old 03-24-2014, 02:48 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,469,795 times
Wow, you really covered most of the state in that trip! Glad all went well and you liked Middle TN.

If you get a chance to go back to the Smoky Mtns, check out Cades Cove. Always a good spot to see wildlife, plus its beautiful. Especially during the week when there are fewer cars.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:05 AM

DC...Yes we were planning on going to CC..but after being in the car so much, the rest of the family was not up to the 50 min. trip each way...and decided to save it for another time. Will definitely catch it next time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville