Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2014, 12:09 PM

18 posts, read 66,961 times

Advertisements

Long story short, about 4 years ago I moved from my apartment with an ok from management. (Shame on me, no written agreement) A year later, I found out they took me to court (never knew about it) and I got a judgement against me. Now it is on my credit and looks terrible! I refuse to pay the money because I was given an ok. It is about $2200 total. Anyways, since then I have other apartments in my name and never late on a payment. One apartment I did move out early since I have to move back home but I got that in writing and they kept my deposit. The lady still to this day told me she would rent to me again because I am a good renter. My credit isn't that wonderful tho and I do have a low score. The only thing I have on my credit that is decent is a auto loan that I am current on also I have about $30,000 in student loan debt. But that is in good standings because I am current student.

Anyways, my problem is that I am moving to Nashville from MI in May. I have a job offer as an area sales manager and I don't want to pass it up. Every apartment place I have checked out says no judgements period. I wont pay that thing for nothing. I have rental history and references to prove I am a good renter and my rent is always on time.

Does anyone know any private landlords in the East or Southeast area that would work with me? Or, apartments are in good and safe areas that would work with me? I am a single mom with one child, dog and cat. We are good people and just looking for a clean and safe environment to live in and start are new lives in Nashville.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 12:32 PM

838 posts, read 1,210,875 times
The rental market is so tight in Nashville these days, property owners and management companies are able to be more selective about who they rent to and how much they charge in rent.

I don't know of any landlords that could accomodate your circumstances but, being in the situation you're in, craigslist might be a good place to start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville