Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 03:26 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,738,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
37217 is Antioch?
No, it's not Antioch according to people I know that live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 03:52 PM

815 posts, read 2,017,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
No, it's not Antioch according to people I know that live there.
It's already been explained by those of us who live here and have lived here for a long time. Thanks for the info.

Old 04-10-2014, 03:59 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,738,916 times
They have been homeowners for years. I respect their opinions.

Old 04-10-2014, 04:52 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,325,072 times
Only the southeastern portion of 37217 is Antioch. Most of Bell Rd north of Smith Springs, as well as the entire airport area is part of Donelson, though the addition of the lake and I-40 have altered a lot of people's views of that. The Glengarry and Glencliff areas are definitely not part of Antioch.

Also, before the lake, the east side of Stones River was not considered to be Hermitage.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:18 PM

620 posts, read 1,198,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
Only the southeastern portion of 37217 is Antioch. Most of Bell Rd north of Smith Springs, as well as the entire airport area is part of Donelson, though the addition of the lake and I-40 have altered a lot of people's views of that. The Glengarry and Glencliff areas are definitely not part of Antioch.

Also, before the lake, the east side of Stones River was not considered to be Hermitage.
Dam this is confusing. I always just thought the 37013 zip was Antioch. What an enigma when an area doesn't have defined borders. Neighborhoods are supposed to be borders by major streets. Antioch seems like a giant blob lol.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:

The area all the way up to the 37214 zip code is considered the Priest Lake area just north of Halmiton Creek recreation there is a sign that says Welcome to the Priest Lake Community. It is the start of 37217 as well as council district 29 which serves parts of Antioch, not Donelson. The area north of Smith Springs and west of Bell up to the south side of the Airport and Murfreesboro Rd up to Donelson Pk is the UNA area. It is on maps as UNA and there is a sign that says Welcome to the Historic UNA community, there is also a state historic sign on Old Murfreesboro Rd. that gives the history of the Una community. It is also part of council district 29. Both of those areas are part of the Antioch School cluster. They attend Antioch area community meetings, etc. Neither is Donelson.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
Dam this is confusing. I always just thought the 37013 zip was Antioch. What an enigma when an area doesn't have defined borders. Neighborhoods are supposed to be borders by major streets. Antioch seems like a giant blob lol.
You are correct, only 37013 is Antioch, however 37217 is a Nashville zip but due to proximity to Antioch and comonalities, they are often times refered to together as the Priest Lake/Antioch area... Same thing on the far west side of 37013, parts of 37211 are associated with Antioch due to same reasons as the east side. You may hear that side refered to as the Tusculum area that follows Tusculum rd to Nolensville rd.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:48 PM

620 posts, read 1,198,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antioch View Post
You are correct, only 37013 is Antioch, however 37217 is a Nashville zip but due to proximity to Antioch and comonalities, they are often times refered to together as the Priest Lake/Antioch area... Same thing on the far west side of 37013, parts of 37211 are associated with Antioch due to same reasons as the east side. You may hear that side refered to as the Tusculum area that follows Tusculum rd to Nolensville rd.
I live off Tusculum. I naturally associate my whole neighborhood as Antioch but the truth is a fair bit of it is Nashville. Funny thing is, I live in West Antioch. The farther East you travel the nicer it gets. However, people assume that since its "Nashville" it doesn't get the same bad reputation as the Hickory Hollow Area, which is farther East and newer/nicer than West Antioch.

Old 04-10-2014, 11:15 PM

6 posts, read 20,841 times
BayAreaDave, 37217 covers all of Nashboro, and parts of Anderson Road and area's intertwined throughout the lake. The post office which is in Antioch off Murfreesboro Road is the Glenview Post Office. What happened with 37217 per the post master was when the routes were being developed they were done for mail processing and transportation networks so 37013 is intertwined into different zip codes in the Donelson and J. Percy Priest area. In speaking with the postmaster this cannot be changed due to Union agreements. What is supposed to make logical sense to many of us, will not make sense when you start to peel back all of the information with regard to postal zip 37013.
So technically parts of Donelson is in Antioch and parts of J. Percy Priest Lake is in Antioch and parts of 37217 is in Antioch and you are correct, Antioch encompasses areas into Tusculum and District 30 which stretches in parts of Nolensville Road, Tusculum, Haywood Lane areas. One side of the street can be Donelson, J. Percy Priest, 37217 and the other side of the street 37013 and it zig zags throughout many of the area's mentioned.

Just as you say one area has a bad reputation versus another is up for debate. When I speak to people who are around your area it is referred to negatively due to all of the various businesses that line nolensville road. People in Southeast Nashville and other areas have a reference to your area that is not so positive just like you have certain thoughts of another side of SE Nashville which includes Hickory Hollow/Antioch/Cane Ridge.

What I would suggest is that you continue to promote your area as a positive beautiful area and allow others to do so for their area. Everyone interprets these area's differently.

SE Nashville like I said earlier has beautiful amenities, so much so that we have people who come from the Radnor Lake area to do paddleboarding and they have shared J. Percy Priest Lake which is in Nashville and Antioch and Donelson is much more scenic and is more preferable by many to frequent.

Last edited by J.PercyPriest; 04-10-2014 at 11:36 PM..

Old 04-10-2014, 11:26 PM

6 posts, read 20,841 times
Default Entire Area of Airport is not Donelson, actually a great portion is in Antioch

Quote:

37217 covers all of Nashboro, and parts of Anderson Road and area's intertwined throughout the lake. The post office which is in Antioch off Murfreesboro Road is the Glenview Post Office. What happened with 37217 per the post master was when the routes were being developed they were done for mail processing and transportation networks so 37013 is intertwined into different zip codes in the Donelson and J. Percy Priest area. In speaking with the postmaster this cannot be changed due to Union agreements. What is supposed to make logical sense to many of us, will not make sense when you start to peel back all of the information with regard to postal zip 37013.
So technically parts of Donelson is in Antioch and parts of J. Percy Priest Lake is in Antioch and parts of 37217 is in Antioch. Antioch encompasses areas into Tusculum and District 30 which stretches in parts of Nolensville Road, Tusculum, Haywood Lane areas.
One side of the street in some of these areas can be Donelson, J. Percy Priest, 37217 and the other side of the street 37013 and it zig zags throughout many of the area's mentioned.

Just as BayAreaDave says one area has a bad reputation versus another is up for debate. When I speak to people who are around the Tusculum area it is referred to negatively due to all of the various businesses that line nolensville road. People in Southeast Nashville and other areas have a reference to this same area that is not so positive just like some people have certain thoughts of another side of SE Nashville which includes Hickory Hollow/Antioch/Cane Ridge.

What I would suggest is that you and others continue to promote your area as a positive beautiful area and allow others to do so for their area. Everyone interprets these area's differently.

SE Nashville like I said earlier has beautiful amenities, so much so that we have people who come from the Radnor Lake area to do paddleboarding (which by the way is in Hamilton Creek Park on the Antioch side of the Donelson J.Percy Priest Lake side of Bell Road and they have shared J. Percy Priest Lake which is in Nashville and Antioch and Donelson is much more scenic and is more preferable by many to frequent.

Last edited by J.PercyPriest; 04-10-2014 at 11:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville