Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 12:10 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,323,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antioch View Post
The area all the way up to the 37214 zip code is considered the Priest Lake area just north of Halmiton Creek recreation there is a sign that says Welcome to the Priest Lake Community. It is the start of 37217 as well as council district 29 which serves parts of Antioch, not Donelson. The area north of Smith Springs and west of Bell up to the south side of the Airport and Murfreesboro Rd up to Donelson Pk is the UNA area. It is on maps as UNA and there is a sign that says Welcome to the Historic UNA community, there is also a state historic sign on Old Murfreesboro Rd. that gives the history of the Una community. It is also part of council district 29. Both of those areas are part of the Antioch School cluster. They attend Antioch area community meetings, etc. Neither is Donelson.
It wasn't Priest Lake before there was a lake. That's why I said perceptions have been altered over time. Same as you say about East Nashville west of I-24.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 06:45 AM

815 posts, read 2,016,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
It wasn't Priest Lake before there was a lake. That's why I said perceptions have been altered over time. Same as you say about East Nashville west of I-24.
Well speaking of todays time, or post Priest Lake building days, 1960's- current, the 37217 is considered the Priest Lake/Antioch community to the east of Bell Rd. and Una to the west of Bell Rd. 37214 zip is Donelson starting just north of Couchville Pk. on up to I-40. The water of the lake broke communities up, which were rather rual anyways, but roads like Couchville Pk. dead in at the waters edge, another part of it picks up for about a quarter of a mile at the top of the pennisula in the Priest Lake Community with one really nice house on it, and the rest is parking area for the Anderson Rd. fitness trail, then there is another part of Couchville Pk on the Long Hunter State Park side of the lake in Hermitage that continues well on past I-840 in Wilson County. Couchville Pk. must have split off somewhere where the lake is now or something because the is a Lavergne-Couchville Pk near Four Corners Marina in far southeastern Antioch near the Rutherford County Line. I would like to see a map close up of all the streets and their paths prior to the building of the lake. But it is the building of the lake and growth of the population growth of the southside of the lake that allowed the 37217 zip to add on its own identification as the Priest Lake community.

But long story short, if Antioch were an actual city of its own with the 37013 zip, its metro area would consist of 37217 to the north/northeast consisting of the Priest Lake and Una communities and 37211 to the south/west/and northwest consisting of the Tusculum community and the new Lennox Village community to the southwest. Thats pretty much how we view the southeast corner of Davidson County which has council districts 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, and 33, the council reps have all worked together to create the area we have now. The school board rep areas pretty much cover the same areas, and the Cane Ridge and Antioch school zones cover all the mentioned areas as well, except for Lennox Village which is zoned for Overton, however everything else behind it and down the the city of Nolensville is Cane Ridge zone.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:05 AM

Metro areas aren't based on zips. Antioch would just be another suburb.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
You know what I'm talking about... I'm saying as if Antioch were it's own city in a random state, the communities mentioned, (if they were their own city) would be part of Antioch's metro... I know how it works in real life, I'm just saying...

Old 04-11-2014, 12:31 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,725,848 times
Quote:
Do you consider Lenox Village part of Antioch? I have never heard anyone say that before this thread nor do I know anyone who considers it part of Antioch.

It's funny, in the past Antioch posters have been quick to claim 37211 was not a part of Antioch (and I agree with that). But in this thread, there seems to be some cherry picking from the surrounding zips to create the Antioch borders.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Do you consider Lenox Village part of Antioch? I have never heard anyone say that before this thread nor do I know anyone who considers it part of Antioch.

It's funny, in the past Antioch posters have been quick to claim 37211 was not a part of Antioch (and I agree with that). But in this thread, there seems to be some cherry picking from the surrounding zips to create the Antioch borders.
I don't consider anything on Nolensville Rd. to be Antioch. Just to the east in some areas, yes. But Nolensville Rd. itself is its own unique corridor.

And zip codes themselves aren't always the greatest way to determine borders. A lot of them were drawn up before areas developed.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
You know what I'm talking about... I'm saying as if Antioch were it's own city in a random state, the communities mentioned, (if they were their own city) would be part of Antioch's metro... I know how it works in real life, I'm just saying...
The problem with that is that Antioch does not function in the way a principal city of a metro functions. More people commute from Antioch than to it.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
I don't consider anything on Nolensville Rd. to be Antioch. Just to the east in some areas, yes. But Nolensville Rd. itself is its own unique corridor.

And zip codes themselves aren't always the greatest way to determine borders. A lot of them were drawn up before areas developed.
I am going on actual government address, there are places south of Lennox Village that have 37013 Antioch addresses, and as soon as you turn off Nolensville rd. on Burkett or Preston Rd. you see the welcome to Cane Ridge sign, which is Antioch.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
The problem with that is that Antioch does not function in the way a principal city of a metro functions. More people commute from Antioch than to it.
Why do you fail to understand??? I am saying this as if, make believe city, not that I'm saying it is so. I think you understand but just don't want to give Antioch the credit that it's worth. If you want to think I'm talking as if it's real, yes Antioch does have commuters leaving, however there are several commuting to Antioch as well, and those numbers will pick up as well. We have enough schools out here alone for educators to commute to.

Old 04-11-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
I am going on actual government address, there are places south of Lennox Village that have 37013 Antioch addresses, and as soon as you turn off Nolensville rd. on Burkett or Preston Rd. you see the welcome to Cane Ridge sign, which is Antioch.
A miniscule portion is 37013. Lenox Village itself is 37211, and the commercial development to the south of that (near Concord) is actually 37027. Those areas have never been considered Antioch.

Quote:
Why do you fail to understand??? I am saying this as if, make believe city, not that I'm saying it is so. I think you understand but just don't want to give Antioch the credit that it's worth. If you want to think I'm talking as if it's real, yes Antioch does have commuters leaving, however there are several commuting to Antioch as well, and those numbers will pick up as well. We have enough schools out here alone for educators to commute to.
I understand completely what you are trying to say. I'm saying that even playing hypothetically doesn't work there. I'm not dogging Antioch. I say the same thing to friends of mine that think East Nashville is like its own city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville