Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2014, 02:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,658 times

Advertisements

First, I promise that I have scoured previous posts (for two days now) but still have not found the info that I'm looking for! (I did find a few relevant threads, but they were either old enough that the advice isn't necessarily reliable anymore or had stipulations that don't apply to me & limited the range of responses.)

To the details!

- Married couple, no kids or pets, looking for an apartment (or rental property) in Murfreesboro.
- Need somewhere that offers a 2/1.5 or larger with main living space on ground level (or with an elevator).
- A 1+ car garage or larger is a priority, but not a necessity.
- Budget is (ideally) right at $1000, max budget is $1150.
- Safety is our absolute first priority.

So: complex recommendations, anyone?

The problems I've had with online reviews (or, Why I Need Y'all):
- The usual. Basically, dealing with complaints that are the frustration of individuals rather than legitimate reasons not to live in a certain complex (e.g. those with unreasonable expectations, or people who have never lived in a complex that makes you repair nail holes upon move out and are now annoyed about having to do that, or people who are mad about an automated notice of eviction even though they were "only one or two days late" with rent).

-
A historically low-rated apartment can be taken over by new management and be great, but will have very few reviews since the new management has come in, making it hard to suss out if the complex is really on the upswing or not.

-
An apartment can have very, very good reviews that are actually more off-putting than bad reviews (e.g. Cason Estates recently got a lot of new, positive reviews that were very clearly solicited by Cason Estates by offering some sort of "reward" for a positive 200-character minimum review [which all seem to have been removed sometime yesterday, for obvious reasons]). I've heard good things about Cason Estates, but things like this make me question why they felt they needed to solicit a glut of positive reviews.

-
Finally, there's the experience I have with the best apartment I ever lived in (in TX). When I was looking originally, they didn't have any reviews, which I chalked up to being new construction. (If I hadn't seen them from a highway overpass and decided to stop by, I never would have known about them at all, actually.) And now, even years later, this complex isn't even listed on Apartment Ratings (or any other review site that I can find)--they are no longer new construction, and I would still miss out on them if I was looking now.

Thanks to anyone who can help. I held myself back from posting here for about a week, but I'm starting to feel like I haven't gotten anywhere even though I pretty much live on my laptop doing property searches/apartment recon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 02:44 PM

336 posts, read 444,429 times
I live in The Paddock Club, the north end of town by the VA Hospital. I enjoy it for the most part. Garages are available. DM and I will answer specific questions if interested.

Old 04-10-2014, 03:03 PM

2,754 posts, read 7,402,456 times
Bell Murfreesboro. Just moving out of there myself for various reasons. But it's a good place and within your budget. Safe I guess.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:04 AM

9,661 posts, read 9,303,458 times
The Paddock Club (wealthiest area), Integra Creek Apts (highest end apts. in town), Bell Apts., Cason Estates (upscale area) are all within your price range and very clean, low key apts. Avoid, avoid, avoid any apartments near MTSU like Raider's Ridge or Kings Crossing. There are some nice renovated apartments and homes for rent in the downtown area if that's suits your fancy as well, particularly on Maple, Spring, Church, and Main Streets. Farther away from the city are newer apartments on Veterans Parkway near SR-840 that are nice too. There are many new apartments either planned or under construction in the Gateway area as well.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:49 PM

124 posts, read 236,453 times
Anyone know about Arium Parkside apartments? Nice? Good area? Safe?

Old 04-30-2014, 10:13 PM

124 posts, read 236,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
Bell Murfreesboro. Just moving out of there myself for various reasons. But it's a good place and within your budget. Safe I guess.
What were the pros of living at Bell? Cons?

Would you stay there again?

Old 05-01-2014, 01:21 PM

55 posts, read 67,943 times
The west side of 24 is quite safe, and these seem to be right up your alley. Clean and friendly.

Carrington Park at Stonetrace Apartments - Murfreesboro, TN 37128 | Apartments for Rent

Old 05-01-2014, 05:56 PM

353 posts, read 999,169 times
Does it need to be Murfreesboro? There are a few complexes in Smyrna, that may fit your needs...(gated, w/garages and ground floor..)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville