Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 03:29 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,073,704 times

Advertisements

RE: Carrington Hills . . . I had a friend who lived there. Got a deal on a non upgraded apartment. This was about 4 years ago. I loved the layout of his 2 bedroom. BUT there was some dampness issue in one closet and the A/C unit right outside his window (ground floor) bothered him with the noise. SO, I might suggest not getting a ground level unit??? He otherwise liked it . . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 03:31 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,452,909 times
Glad you had a great visit and are even more excited about the move!

Old 05-28-2014, 05:00 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,413,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Nice photo. Y'all did luck out weather-wise.

All my friends who work in planning keep trying to preach that millenials and "young folk" don't want to move to the suburbs, that they all pine for city living and that the dreaded 'burbs are drying up and dying on the vine (to continue our vineyard theme.)

I just SMH because I know better. I see the people who are moving here, and they aren't all 55+. These suburbs aren't perfect by planning standards, but they sure as hell aren't dying.
Yeah, I would disagree with that as well. If it's true at all it's just a lag. My generation is one that typically lives at home well into their twenties with some even in the 30s. They don't take relationships seriously and don't want the responsibility of having children. The city lifestyle might be attractive to them because there will be more singles, more bars and many cheap alternatives. But eventually they will get married and/or have kids and they will want to live somewhere quieter, with better schools, with less crime, with less noise etc etc.

Definitely not dying. Looked very healthy in fact: A lot of new construction, appreciating home values, not many vacant store fronts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
RE: Carrington Hills . . . I had a friend who lived there. Got a deal on a non upgraded apartment. This was about 4 years ago. I loved the layout of his 2 bedroom. BUT there was some dampness issue in one closet and the A/C unit right outside his window (ground floor) bothered him with the noise. SO, I might suggest not getting a ground level unit??? He otherwise liked it . . . .
Thanks Countrygirl. I would never live on the first floor for security reasons. They almost always have a big slider with patio in place of a balcony. I worry about how easy it would be to steal my safe on the ground floor. Steps nearly guarantee a fool who would attempt to take it will crush himself lol. Then theres also my 2 little dogs. If someone broke in and left the [sliding] door open I have a feeling I would never see them again. FWIW, I'm not a weird paranoid person lol. I just weigh my options and in a situation like this I see no reason to live on the first floor--especially not if the AC is noisy!

Old 05-28-2014, 05:05 PM

I actually do have a few more questions for you folks...

How are the other Franklin HS's: Independence, Centennial, Fred J Page?

How important is it to be in the FSSD? From what I saw, almost all of the schools in Franklin were rated 9 and 10 at all levels in almost all neighborhoods. Are FSSD participating schools THAT much better?

If there are any engineers out there, can you pleaseeee explain WTH is up with that radio/cell tower in Brentwood at exit 71? You know what I'm talking about, the tetrahedron on top of an upside down tetrahedron (single point of contact with ground) with the center of mass 150 ft above ground and requiring a network of cables to hold it up instead of it's own structural architecture...yeah, that one haha. COuldn't understand it!

ETA: bahhh found it https://maps.google.com/maps?q=tower...ntwood+tn&z=18

Last edited by Sigequinox; 05-28-2014 at 05:28 PM..

Old 05-28-2014, 05:27 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,073,704 times
That's the radio tower for WSM, the radio station for the Grand Ole Opry!

Old 05-28-2014, 05:53 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,761,388 times
The WSM tower is a historic landmark and has a fascinating history, especially during WW II. It was there before Brentwood was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WSM_(AM)

It is a Blaw-Knox tower, and there are only a handful in existence.

Old 05-28-2014, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
That's the radio tower for WSM, the radio station for the Grand Ole Opry!
Thanks. With that I was able to find my answers. Its a Dual Cantilevered Center Guyed Tower (yeah, that's a mouthful.). Very interesitng how it works though.

WSM Radio, Nashville

Old 05-29-2014, 04:15 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,533,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
I actually do have a few more questions for you folks...

How are the other Franklin HS's: Independence, Centennial, Fred J Page?

How important is it to be in the FSSD? From what I saw, almost all of the schools in Franklin were rated 9 and 10 at all levels in almost all neighborhoods. Are FSSD participating schools THAT much better?

If there are any engineers out there, can you pleaseeee explain WTH is up with that radio/cell tower in Brentwood at exit 71? You know what I'm talking about, the tetrahedron on top of an upside down tetrahedron (single point of contact with ground) with the center of mass 150 ft above ground and requiring a network of cables to hold it up instead of it's own structural architecture...yeah, that one haha. COuldn't understand it!

ETA: bahhh found it https://maps.google.com/maps?q=tower...ntwood+tn&z=18
You really can't go wrong with either FSSD or WCS. Taxes will be a bit higher in FSSD. FSSD schools have a bit more socio-economic diversity than WCS.

If you have a kid with special needs I would suggest FSSD over WCS but otherwise I think it is a wash.

Kids in Franklin go to Franklin High, Independence, Centennial and Page. They are all strong school schools and part of Williamson County Schools (FSSD is only K-8).

Old 05-29-2014, 05:06 AM

50 posts, read 114,979 times
I've been gone from TN for 10+ Years. But when I lived in Franklin, I lived in the Carrington Hills apartments. They had just opened when I moved there. I really enjoyed it. The apartments were nice enough and mgt was good to work with. I liked being close to everything without being right in the middle of the Cool Springs traffic like some of the other complexes. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville