Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2008, 03:48 PM

1,821 posts, read 5,149,792 times

Advertisements

First of all Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all you good folks in Tennessee! Second, let me just say what a beautiful state you reside in. We visited this summer on our way to Florida and had a great time.

Okay, my questions. We will be in Nashville a few days after Christmas for basically an afternoon and a night. We were interested in visiting the Country Christmas at Gaylord, particularly the ICE part with the Grinch. Is it worth the money to go to? Sure looks like fun! Also we would be spending the night, but really don't want to pay to stay at Gaylord. Is there a Comfort Inn or somthing similar in the area? Or would it be better to stay in the southern part of the metro as we are heading to Chattanooga the next day and we could avoid morning traffic?

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 04:17 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times
I think if I were you I would stay around the general Opryland area. There are several places to stay in the area that are still nice but cheaper than the Opryland Hotel itself.

I think the Ice thing just depends on you and what you enjoy. A lot of people go and have a great time. They couldn't drag me to it with a mule; but that's just me. It sounds like you would have a blast with the whole Opryland / Opry Mills "adventure".

I hope you enjoy your stopover in Nashville.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:46 PM

597 posts, read 2,109,069 times
- Music Valley Hotels & Resorts (http://www.nashvillemusicvalley.com/Hotels/Hotels.html - broken link)

They're all over the place over there. This link will help.

As far as traffic is concerned, if you come prior to New Years, schools are out and many people are off work, so there shouldn't be a problem. Just take Briley Parkway So. From there you can follow it directly to I-24 (there's a small slowdown just before the interstate, but nothing serious) or you can take Briley to 40 W and in about a mile (stay to the left...get there as quickly as you can) and you'll hook up with 24 to Chatt. Easy on slower days.

I'd stay in the Music Valley area. Might as well, you may even be able to just walk to the hotel and the Country Christmas.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:38 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times
By the way, we probably should have asked you to start with whether you'd been to the Opryland Hotel when you were in Nashville before. If you have not, definitely go this time, even if you decide not to go to the Ice thing.

Old 12-23-2008, 05:57 AM

1,821 posts, read 5,149,792 times
I didn't get the the Opryland Hotel last time, I've heard its quite the place. Thanks for providing alleycat and ingledave for the great information.

Old 12-23-2008, 05:53 PM

620 posts, read 1,839,001 times
We've stayed a few times at the Fairfield Inn, I believe it's called and very short drive to the Opry Hotel. Definitely don't stay at Fiddler's Inn, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville