Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 03:02 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,447,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
I hear you about escaping Connecticut!! Our condo sold in a couple of weeks and we had 5 weeks to find a house and move, so I understand what you're going through.
Hi CountryGirl and rainedancer, I'm also moving to the Nashville area from Connecticut! My husband was just approved for a transfer to Franklin and we'll be moving in mid-July. My husband's best friend from CT also moved to the area a few years ago after being stationed at Fort Campbell. Makes me wonder if Franklin will be "little CT" when we get there. Haha.

As for affordable housing, you can find some decent 3-4 bedroom homes within Franklin under $200K but your husband's commute will be hellish. If it's at all possible to place the oldest child in another private school located in Nashville or north of Nashville, I'd personally choose to rent in Hendersonville or Mount Juliet. The public school districts in those towns are very good and you get a lot for your money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 09:20 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,332,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
Yes, I meant the services and facilities . . .

infrastructure is basic physical and organizational structures needed for the operation of a society or enterprise ,[1] or the services and facilities necessary for an economy to function.
They have the business side covered pretty well. It's the rest that I'm concerned about. The "organizational" side has a near complete absence of planning.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:56 PM

47 posts, read 112,317 times
My husband has tentatively taken a job on Centennial Pike so that's why I think they recommended Fairview. But I'm not 100% sure he'll take it. My family is going to spend the summers on the Cumberland Plateau so that's closer than hours I think.

Does anyone have an honest opinion on Antioch? I have an acquaintance living there and they say it's not as bad as everyone says, but then I heard people from Nashville say don't like there. Any advice?

Old 06-02-2014, 10:16 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,332,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainedancer1 View Post
Does anyone have an honest opinion on Antioch? I have an acquaintance living there and they say it's not as bad as everyone says, but then I heard people from Nashville say don't like there. Any advice?
There are problem areas of Antioch, but the area as a whole isn't as bad as people would lead you to believe. It's a very large area compared to most other neighborhoods around town, and it varies quite a bit in terms of income, crime, and diversity.

My caution to buying a home in Antioch is that the perception has a negative effect on home values -- so while you can probably get a better deal there compared to many areas in Nashville, you may find your home value to be stagnant (this is true with some other areas of Nashville as well) -- even if your particular neighborhood has no problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville