Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2014, 09:37 AM

42 posts, read 71,923 times

Advertisements

We are going to be moving (finally!) and have chosen the Nashville area for a few reasons but mainly location and distance to family (family in Kentucky). So now I am trying to figure out where to land. Husband will need to be able to commute to BNA within an hour drive time as he will likely be traveling most weeks to fly to other locations for work. We were considering Murfreesboro but after reading on here and around the web it seems like the commute for him might be a pain.

So now I am thinking Pleasant view, Coopertown, or Springfield might fit the bill but I am then lost as to which would be a better area. We have 2 kids one is going into the 2nd grade so good schools are top priority as are safe areas. We prefer a small town vibe but close to big city so we can enjoy what the city has to offer when we want.

I am not closed off to other areas so any recommendations with good solid info is appreciated. Budget wise under 200k but would like to stay around 150k for a 3bedroom 2 bath at least 1400-1800 square feet but layout of home is more important than actual square footage. Prefer some land and not being able to reach out and slap my neighbors house

Any thoughts on an area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 09:50 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Given your price range, you definitely will have more choices in Murfreesboro. I would look there because the quality of schools will be much better than the towns you mentioned.

The only time that commute is particularly bad is rush hour. SO if he is traveling up I-24 at 5 am to catch the first flight out, or even mid-morning, it should just be a regular interstate drive.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:54 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,313,831 times
For easy access to BNA, you may prefer the area from Donelson/Hermitage over to Lebanon. The best schools would be to Mt Juliet. It would be a lot easier to just use I-40 to BNA. To get to KY, you could use the Briley Parkway to get to I-65 or I-24.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:55 AM

86 posts, read 210,797 times
Another couple of smaller towns that are close to Kentucky but not extremely far from the airport are White House and Portland. Traffic wouldn't be extremely bad getting to the airport because you'd be able to use Briley Parkway to skip the section of I-65/24 with the worst traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville