Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2014, 03:35 PM

2 posts, read 2,448 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am going to be starting a new job at Vanderbilt in the next few weeks. I'm moving from Philadelphia, PA with my husband. I lived in Nashville when I went to Belmont University, so I'm somewhat familiar with the area, but I'm trying to get an idea of what my commute would be like.

We're looking at Ashland City and Herndersonville. Our max budget is $900 for a 2br which I know is a stretch... but I've found some places that meet our criteria in both of these towns. My question is, which would be a shorter commute in rush hour traffic, Ashland City or Hendersonville?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 05:52 PM

65 posts, read 197,611 times
Two entirely different places, but Ashland City would be the easiest commute. You would just take Ashland City Hwy to Briley, then you have multiple routes to get to Vanderbilt. I've worked in Ashland City many times and although I was going the opposite direction I never recall seeing much traffic at all going into the city.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:03 PM

3,042 posts, read 3,311,876 times
Most flexible is Ashland City, with commute on Briley. Then your choice of White Bridge to West End or use the Briley flyovers to I-440 & West End (Murphy).

A secret route to go north is on new 31/28 connector near Centennial Park then north directly to I-40E. Avoid the downtown traffic but pick it up on north loop over river to Trinity Lane area.

Because of construction on I-65 & I-24 from north loop to Briley makes that one area to avoid if you can.

For the $900 price, compare with apartments in Bellevue. Vandy does help with bus fare if that will help somewhat.

From your time at Belmont, you may find a lot of difference with all the new developments on West End in the Vandy area.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:24 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,651,508 times
Have you factored in gas money and wear and tear on your car? You might want to live closer - save on gas and have more for rent.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:33 PM

2 posts, read 2,448 times
Thank you all for your responses!

GWoodle: We're actually looking at Bellevue now... I think that may be the best location. Rent prices aren't as high in Bellevue as I thought. I was just back in Nashville last month on vacation and I can't believe all of the new development, especially in Berry Hill and 12 South.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville