Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2007, 12:53 PM

4 posts, read 55,000 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!

I've been able to help out a few folks, so I thought I'd jot down a couple of bits of info that I've passed along via email to individuals to everyone (you never know who needs to know THE SAME STUFF). So here goes:

Schools...

Yes, Williamson County Schools are very good schools! However, people make quite a fuss seemingly over the "Maury Schools" are bad rumor. The fact is the Maury schools... at least in Spring Hill (columbia- maybe not so much) are very comparable to the Williamson County Schools in and around Spring Hill. My Niece attends Chapman's Retreat and she also relocated from California. She is challenged and stimulated and loves school. She is also a member of the Knowledge Bowl (we also take education very seriously).

You do get more "bang" for your buck in Maury County. In addition, car registration is lower If you're in Spring Hill Maury County... it's likely your children will get a fine education with quality teachers and quality students. Meanwhile, you'll enjoy a larger lot, a nicer home, and you'll spend considerably less for it than in Williamson County.

About some of the subdivisions...

Spring Hill Place is a very nice community with a lot of "community" amenities and underground utilities (being from California, myself... all of the utility wires takes some getting used to... I am from Orange County and there just AREN'T poles with utility wires running down each street, as I am sure you know) so this is certainly a desirable feature, aesthetically.
It's location however, is kind of a problem... it's a bit far from the "town"- where grocery stores, dining, dry cleaners, etc.. . are. But not unreasonable. It's also going to be under construction until 2009 so that may be a bit of an annoyance. On the FLIP side... it's Williamson County Schools! Which is a bonus

Benvenuto is nice as well! A lot of the same community features as Spring Hill Place including Williamson County Schools! It, however is going to be under construction until 2011! It too is off the beaten path a bit... but a new Kroger (grocery store) is being built nearby- so next year it will be a bit more convenient). They START at the top of your price range, so I am not sure if you're flexible or what your MUST haves are- but you'll likely pay through the nose at this community.

Cherry Grove is an established community and is also nice. Your acreage is going to be smaller, however, because it's more "like" a California subdivision where homes are on top of each other (ok they aren't on top of each other here- but you get the idea). I believe all the homes are brick, which is a VERY GOOD THING here and in my opinion the homes in Cherry Grove look very stately! The benefits here is of course the Thompsons Station address and the "better" Williamson County schools. No construction messes, mature landscaping and lots of families. You're also MUCH closer to "town" and the conveniences it affords. However, you DEFINITELY sacrifice space- if space is what you're after!

A couple I'd recommend:

MATHIS VALLEY- When my parents relocated to TN, I bought them a home in the Mathis Valley Subdivision in Spring Hill (Maury). It's quite lovely... all brick, HUGE lots, no HOA dues, GREAT neighbors and a real sense of community. There are a LOT of families in the area and everyone is very friendly with everyone else. Again this area is a bit off the beaten path, but still has bus drop off/pick up (EVERYONE'S KIDS HERE RIDE THE BUS TO AND FROM SCHOOL). Also, with the new Kroger being built it's not so "out there". Additionally, I can tell you first hand the quality and craftsmanship is very good as well.

CROWNE POINTE- Again, this is an established community, very close to "town", Thompsons Station Address, Williamson County Schools, a lot of families, community amenities, good curb appeal, all brick!

BRIXWORTH- A brand new community and established homes, Thompsons Station address, Williamson Schools, all brick, great curb appeal, very close to "town", great interior finishes, another very nice community!

We live in Thompsons Station (Newport Crossing) and we know our neighbors. We LOVE our home... we have a little over 3200 sq. ft. on about .25 acres. The area (spring hill/thompsons station) is SUCH a great area. We have all the amenities and conveniences you could ask for... and cool springs/franklin is just 15 minutes away. We NEVER go into Nashville (unless we're going out).

As far as commuting to Nashville- yes, most people here commute to Nashville. My fiance works at Centennial Medical Center on West End, downtown. It takes him about 45 minutes each way, in rush hour traffic. About 30 minutes when it's not rush hour. There are SEVERAL very nice, upscale restaurants in the Franklin and Brentwood areas.

Utilities:

We pay, for our 3200 square foot home, about $40 a month for water (we also have a hot tub outside), a little over $100 for electric (again we also have a hot tub outside), and depending on the time of year (we have gas heat) between $40-$90 for gas heating and gas stove.

I do hope this helps everyone! As always, if you need any other information or photos of our city... please feel free to email me directly at Tara@TaraHarrington.com!

Happy New Year!

Tara Harrington
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 08:14 AM

Default Candid Town Photos Of Spring Hill/thompsons Station

Happy New Year!

I've gotten a lot of emails about photos of Spring Hill. So I went out on New Years Day and took some recent ones. You'll notice a LOT of construction and that's so exciting because our cities (SH & TS) are growing and growing!

Please let me know if you have any questions or would like any other photos!

Warmly,

Tara Harrington
Moderator cut: link cut

Last edited by mbmouse; 01-05-2008 at 12:29 PM..

Old 01-05-2008, 11:25 AM

Hello Everyone!

I've been asked some additional questions via email, so again, I thought I'd go ahead and post some of the info I've given out! I hope you find this useful!

* Spring Hill's municipal government has implemented the "Taxpayer Bill of Rights", meaning that no municipal tax increase can be implemented without a public referendum.

* Businesses coming to Spring Hill in 2008 (possibly 2009)

Williamson County recreation center “Started”

Buffalo Wild Wings “Started”

Logan’s Road House “Started”

Cracker barrel “Started”

Tri-Star Hospital “In Planning”

Spring Hill Plaza Includes Kroger on Port Royal “Permitting”

Dentistry by Design “In Planning”

Autowash Express “In Planning”

Sun Trust in front of Publix “Started”

Fifth Third Bank “Started”

Spring Hill Art Center “In Planing “

Kohl’s “Started”

Super Target Including Grocery store “Started”

Chill’s “In Planning”

Kroger Behind CVS “In Planning”

Captain D's in front of Lowe's "In Planning"

Circuit City @ The Crossings "In Planning"

Ross @ The Crossings "In Planning"

Rack Room Shoes @ The Crossings "In Planning"

Dress Barn @ The Crossings "In Planning"

Bed, Bath & Beyond @ The Crossings "In Planning"

Books-a-Million @ The Crossings "In Planning"

PetSmart @ The Crossings "In Planning"

Rue21 @ The Crossings "In Planning"

DEB @ The Crossings "In Planning"

Smoothie King @ The Crossings "In Planning"

Region's Bank @ The Crossings "In Planning"

Fulin’s @ The Crossings "In Planning"

Nails So Happy @ The Crossings "In Planning"

Sun Tan City@ The Crossings "In Planning"

J.C. Penney adjacent to The Crossings "In Planning"

* Useful Websites

Welcome to Spring Hill, Tennessee
Home - SpringHillChamber.net

Williamson County, TN - Official Site

Maury Alliance

Spring Hill, Tennessee (37174) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground

MONEY Magazine: Best places to live 2007: Spring Hill, TN snapshot

Spring Hill Country Ham Festival

The Advertiser News (http://c-dh.net/affiliate/advertisernews/ - broken link)

www.springhillarts.org - Home

Maury Regional Hospital

Welcome to Spring Hill Public Library

Moderator cut: advertising cut

Last edited by Yac; 01-07-2008 at 08:00 AM.. Reason: link to a competitors site removed

Old 01-06-2008, 06:15 PM

393 posts, read 1,736,054 times
Thank you Tara, you have provided lots of information which I'm sure took a good bit of time to prepare for those interested. It was very kind of you to do that and I thank you.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:18 PM

730 posts, read 1,917,284 times
Hi Tara,

That was very helpful and informative, thank you.

Got any pictures of the countryside?

Old 02-13-2016, 07:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,045 times
Hello,
If I'm reading your post about schools in Wm/son County vs schools in Maury County, it sounds to me like you think Capman's Retreat is in Maury County? It is in Spring Hill, but it is in the Williamson County part of Spring Hill, not Maury County, therefore a Williamson County school. Just fyi...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville