Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 06:21 AM

65 posts, read 95,525 times

Advertisements

Looking to relocate to your fine area next summer.
Thinking of Hendersonville or Spring Hill. Can anyone offer up some pros or cons to both?
I know there are a lot of variables, but I'm just looking here for an overall consensus of both areas.

Thanks all in advance, you are all so helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 06:39 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,578,507 times
Google both. I think you'll find Hendersonville has a lot more to offer. Spring hill....... without the GM plant is just a wide spot in the road. With GM. home prices have gone up, when GM shuts down the housing market there crashes. Happen before and will happen again. Hendersonville has much more to offer.
Just my 2 cents.

Old 10-06-2014, 06:50 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
In my experience, there are MANY more transplants in Spring Hill, so you may feel more "at home" there.

However, if it were me, I would choose Hendersonville. They did not allow their growth to outpace their infrastructure as much as Spring Hill did.

Have you used the blue "Search this Forum" tab on the main Nashville page and entered both cities as keywords? There are a ton of threads about each area you can read through.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:06 AM

42 posts, read 61,018 times
Quote:
However, if it were me, I would choose Hendersonville. They did not allow their growth to outpace their infrastructure as much as Spring Hill did.
I would disagree with this. Have you tried driving down Main street during lunch hour or evening commute times? I moved to Hendersonville in 2005 and left this year. Imho the mayor has destroyed the town trying to turn it from a bedroom community to a shopping destination.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:35 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,741,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
In my experience, there are MANY more transplants in Spring Hill, so you may feel more "at home" there.

Have you used the blue "Search this Forum" tab on the main Nashville page and entered both cities as keywords? There are a ton of threads about each area you can read through.

I would pick Hendersonville, hands down. There are many Northerners there.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:37 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy615 View Post
I would disagree with this. Have you tried driving down Main street during lunch hour or evening commute times? I moved to Hendersonville in 2005 and left this year. Imho the mayor has destroyed the town trying to turn it from a bedroom community to a shopping destination.
Well, cities have to have "shopping destinations" to get some kind of sales tax revenue. Otherwise, the residents of a "bedroom community" would be saddled with astronomical property taxes and have to drive everywhere to buy anything.

I have driven through there once during rush hour, and IMHO it is 10 times easier than getting around Spring Hill.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:38 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,546,355 times
Both are good. I think the schools in Spring Hill are on par with Hendersonville.

The one reason I'd give the nod to Spring Hill though is there are so many jobs/corporate headquarters in Cool Springs so potential jobs are better commute wise.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:47 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,720,623 times
Where is your job?

Old 10-06-2014, 09:50 AM

65 posts, read 95,525 times
No job issues, at least for the moment.
I'm retired, although I want to work and will look.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:51 PM

838 posts, read 1,210,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
I would pick Hendersonville, hands down. There are many Northerners there.
Typically I would say this would be a good reason to avoid Hendersonville but the traffic in Spring Hill is so brutal, it's almost worth putting up with northerners to avoid it. Especially if you are, like the OP, from the north.

Hendersonville - infamous mecca of Yankee sympathizers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville