Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 09:04 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,086,063 times

Advertisements

Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters) has produced a show called Sonic Highways (HBO). The band visited 8 cities with music history and Nashville was one of the eight. They are doing a concert at the Ryman Halloween night - tickets are just $20! The concert coincides with the showing of the Nashville episode of his show.

Anyway, article in the Tennessean yesterday said they quickly grew attached to Nashville . .

"We were there for seven days. I swear, no one wanted to leave." Grohl told the Tennessean

He says he "learned so much more" about Nashville during his visit and was pleasantly surprised by the camaraderie among local musicians.

Nashville is on a roll!

Apparently there will be live coverage of the concert tomorrow on the newspaper website:

The Tennessean|Music

And here is a little clip from the series on YouTube:

Foo Fighters Sonic Highways: Nashville Preview (HBO) - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 09:06 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,467,198 times
The concert sold out in 40 minutes. Pretty cool.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:47 AM

Oh, it did? Wow, I was even toying with the idea of going . . . but just read about it yesterday evening. Probably long after the tickets were gone. That's cool. Maybe I'll see if they really do a live feed on The Tennessean. The paper SAYS "live coverage of the concert"!

Old 10-30-2014, 10:11 AM

Just checked out the concert . . very cool . . limit was 2 paper tickets and you must show your ID and the credit card used in order to get in. Doors open at 8:30. They are showing the Sonic Highways episode at 10 and the concert at 11. Sounds festive! Just checked StubHub. They have the event listed but with a notice that because the tickets are non transferable, no tickets will be sold on StubHub. Every concert should be that way.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:18 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,375,785 times
I wanted to go badly, however, I have kids, they come first. I was offered two tickets for free

Old 10-30-2014, 10:42 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,467,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I wanted to go badly, however, I have kids, they come first. I was offered two tickets for free
This has become my concert mantra these days. If it isn't on a weekend, I don't even consider going.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:43 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,323,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
The concert sold out in 40 minutes. Pretty cool.
Faster than that. I tried getting tickets from the moment they were available. Gone.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:47 PM

I read that online . . . Given that some of the tickets were probably given away and it was 2 per person, that means only about 1150 ticket sets would be sold. I think Ticketmaster could probably sell that many tickets in a couple of minutes. How could ANYONE know that 'half' went to scalpers? You COULD buy two tickets and sell one but you'd have to go and sit next to the person you sold the ticket to. Which I guess is a possibility. I just looked online and only found 29 tickets for sale . . . the same 29 tickets on a couple of different sites. The doors open at 8:30 and the movie part starts at 11 so it seems they are allowing for the extra 'security' with the tickets.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:58 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,375,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
I read that online . . . Given that some of the tickets were probably given away and it was 2 per person, that means only about 1150 ticket sets would be sold. I think Ticketmaster could probably sell that many tickets in a couple of minutes. How could ANYONE know that 'half' went to scalpers? You COULD buy two tickets and sell one but you'd have to go and sit next to the person you sold the ticket to. Which I guess is a possibility. I just looked online and only found 29 tickets for sale . . . the same 29 tickets on a couple of different sites. The doors open at 8:30 and the movie part starts at 11 so it seems they are allowing for the extra 'security' with the tickets.
Just a rumor I heard in the office. I do know they are requiring proof of purchase at the door. Scalpers are pretty good about hammering a site with software to make multiple purchases at once, there are applications for that.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:14 PM

Sounds like an epic concert:

http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashvi...church-of-rock

And apparently, the Ryman did turn away people without IDs that matched their tickets:

"One Ryman ticket-taker told us staff was instructed to send irate fans — of whom we’re told there were many — to the box office. A box office employee then told us that they were not able to accommodate these people and that those seats would remain unsold, though it does seem some nosebleed ticketholders (if there is such a thing at the Ryman) did score an upgrade.

“I'd like to take this time to thank the scalpers, I went from obstructed view to eighth row,” we overheard one drunken concertgoer announce to no one in particular before show time. And we had no problem initiating our own DIY upgrade and migrating to second-row seats in the center balcony — right behind Nashville stars and lovey-dovey real-life couple Sam Palladio and Chaley Rose, who were way into the show, and each other — with plenty of room to stretch out. Though the hall was packed for the show, it wasn’t packed to capacity. Considering how badly people wanted inside to see this show, and how emotional it got, there’s something wrong with that."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville