Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2008, 09:07 PM

525 posts, read 1,851,508 times

Advertisements

I am conducting preliminary research into a possible move to Nashville!!! I have searched thru old threads and have not found quite what I was looking for.

I love older established neighborhoods with mature trees all around and all types of homes (I hate cookie cutter homes that are on top of each other). I would love to hear names of subdivisions (so I can do searches thru MLS) and the closer to downtown Nashville the better.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2008, 11:13 PM

162 posts, read 550,694 times
applejuice, Any styles or price ranges to try and focus in on for your plans? Many folks from all over these communities can chime in, just need a starting point :-) For mature growth subs in Brentwood and Franklin, it could be something like Brentwood Hills, Meadowlake, Iriquois, Brenthaven, Meadowgreen, Hillsboro Acres, Grassland Estates, Monticello, tons really - what are you looking for in your next neighborhood?

Old 01-02-2008, 08:14 AM

250 posts, read 1,014,428 times
Default A few more ideas

That's a great starting list below...also consider Forest Crossing, Founders Pointe, Keystone, Eagles Glen and Royal Oaks as possibilities in Franklin.

A price range would definitely help, as well as other requirements such as lot size, age, square footage, etc.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:25 AM

I meant to put my price range and forgot!

I prefer to stay in the 300-350,000 range. I would prefer a brick home with at least 2,500 sqft in Williamson county-good schools. I want at least 4 bedrooms and a bonus/rec room or basement (even though they don't seem to be popular here). However, I am willing to sacrifice space and bedrooms in exchange for location. It also needs to have a homeowners association.

I don't mind that the home is older...I love older homes! I want mature trees and a home with character. Would prefer updated kitchen and bathroom.

I really want at least .25acre and flat yard.

Which of the high schools is considered the best in Franklin and Brentwood?

Thanks again for the above suggestions!

Last edited by applejuice; 01-02-2008 at 12:06 PM..

Old 01-02-2008, 12:08 PM

250 posts, read 1,014,428 times
Default Some options for you...

I just did a search and found several possiblities you might want to take a look at...here's the link, and feel free to let me know if I can get more information for you! Buyer Full Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
I meant to put my price range and forgot!

I prefer to stay in the 300-350,000 range. I would prefer a brick home with at least 2,500 sqft in Williamson county-good schools. I want at least 4 bedrooms and a bonus/rec room or basement (even though they don't seem to be popular here). However, I am willing to sacrifice space and bedrooms in exchange for location. It also needs to have a homeowners association.

I don't mind that the home is older...I love older homes! I want mature trees and a home with character. Would prefer updated kitchen and bathroom.

I really want at least .25acre and flat yard.

Thanks again for the above suggestions!

Old 01-02-2008, 01:08 PM

1,177 posts, read 4,156,294 times

Franklin High, Brentwood High, Ravenwood High as well as other high schools in Williamson County rank fairly high compared to the rest of the state as well as schools in surrounding counties. Page High is fairly far out so it depends where you buy.
Go to the following website for Williamson County Schools for more specific information:
Williamson County Schools

Old 01-02-2008, 07:39 PM

Thanks everyone for your help I really appreciate it!

Old 01-02-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnewman View Post
I just did a search and found several possiblities you might want to take a look at...here's the link, and feel free to let me know if I can get more information for you! Buyer Full Report
Thanks for pulling those up for me that was helpful!

Old 07-20-2008, 12:02 PM

1 posts, read 6,579 times
Default franklin

I am also interested in finding nice subdisions in the city of Franklin. I am interested in the $350, 000 to $500,000 range. Ideally, swim and tennis...maybe golf or close proximity to golf courses would be nice.

Thanks.

Old 07-20-2008, 02:25 PM

1,177 posts, read 4,156,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick2510 View Post
I am also interested in finding nice subdisions in the city of Franklin. I am interested in the $350, 000 to $500,000 range. Ideally, swim and tennis...maybe golf or close proximity to golf courses would be nice.

Thanks.
Rick, I just did a quick MLS search for current properties in Franklin with your price range and came up with well over 300 in dozens of subdivisions. If you could provide us with a few more specifics it would help to narrow things down. How many bedrooms/baths? Square feet? Size lot? Age of home? Any other house or community amenities desired? Driving time to work?, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: