Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 12:50 PM

3 posts, read 9,906 times

Advertisements

Hey peoples. Can anyone suggest a nice, low-crime, affordable housing, decent jobs, good schools area outside of Nashville or inside of Nashville but more on the out-skirts? I don't want to be in the middle of dtwn. I am AA but don't care what other race is around as long as there is no racism visible. I thought Franklin was the one until I searched the housing prices -- can't get much unless you get a $200,000+ house.

Thanks for your help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2006, 06:01 PM

29 posts, read 56,067 times
Try looking in Lebanon or Mt. Juliet

Old 11-05-2006, 04:39 PM

12 posts, read 39,912 times
We are moving to Mount Juliet. It is soooooo beautiful there. We have friends that have moved there 3 years ago and have done nothing but convince us to make the same move as well. Try looking there.

Old 11-06-2006, 08:24 AM

56 posts, read 233,424 times
Check out springfield also. Has great home market. From $60,000 to $600,000

Old 12-23-2006, 11:54 AM

63 posts, read 402,541 times
Spring Hill, Franklin, Antioch, Brentwood.

Old 12-23-2006, 01:40 PM

31 posts, read 157,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn06 View Post
Spring Hill, Franklin, Antioch, Brentwood.

In the original post, the guy said that Franklin was probably too expensive. If Franklin is too expensive, Brentwood is pretty out of the question. It is a very white collar community, and the average home price there is $500,000+ and many subdivisions with million dollar houses are being started/finished (Governors Club, Hampton Reserve, Princeton Hills, McGavock Farms, Annandale, Magnolia Vale, etc). Like many others, I would probably recommend Mt. Juliet or Lebanon. Antioch does have affordable housing, but it is in Davidson County, and the Metro Nashville schools aren't too very good. Good luck!

Old 12-23-2006, 03:19 PM

63 posts, read 402,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNSoundsGood2Me View Post
In the original post, the guy said that Franklin was probably too expensive. If Franklin is too expensive, Brentwood is pretty out of the question. It is a very white collar community, and the average home price there is $500,000+ and many subdivisions with million dollar houses are being started/finished (Governors Club, Hampton Reserve, Princeton Hills, McGavock Farms, Annandale, Magnolia Vale, etc). Like many others, I would probably recommend Mt. Juliet or Lebanon. Antioch does have affordable housing, but it is in Davidson County, and the Metro Nashville schools aren't too very good. Good luck!

brentwood and franklin arent all that expensive.yes, there are some select neighborhoods with $1 million+ homes; but there are neighborhoods in some areas that do have cheaper homes.

ludacris-check realtor.com

Old 12-29-2006, 10:31 AM

630 posts, read 2,432,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj37172 View Post
Check out springfield also. Has great home market. From $60,000 to $600,000
What can you tell me about Springfield?
We are looking into the area.
We are older parents, that have a 7 year old.

How are the schools in Springfield?
My husband plays Softball, do they have Adult Softball?
We are looking for a smaller town, away from Nashville.
Close enough to visit Nashville if we want, but, not touched by traffic, and high population.

At present, we live outside of the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St.Paul), the Urban scrawl, has reached the Suburbs. There are too many people here, too much traffic, too many strip malls going up, and the town we live in has lost that small town feel, and has been swallowed up into the "big city."

Old 12-29-2006, 07:51 PM

64 posts, read 320,924 times
Well, hope you don't mind that I answer the question. Springfield, like so many communities around Middle TN, is beautiful. Lots of land and open spaces, although development is picking up. Hendersonville is also a lovely community with lots of family-centered activity. Not sure about the adult softball, but they do have a lot of sports going on. Schools are very popular in this area too.

Are you looking to buy or rent?

Old 12-29-2006, 07:53 PM

64 posts, read 320,924 times
Oh and one more thing. Lots of folks get misled about the so-called 'low' price of housing in Tenn. Like any other place, it's all relative. Tenn is still lower than most states, but just like anywhere else, generally speaking, the cheaper the property the more questionable it is. i.e. condition, location, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville