Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-15-2021, 10:11 AM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
9,687 posts, read 9,420,685 times
Reputation: 7267

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Just think, 10 years ago we were worrying about Lake Palmer and now there is a Conrad hotel and offices sitting there. Nashville won't have too many surface lots before long. I am excited to see what goes in PC Metals place.
*PSC Metals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-19-2021, 06:56 AM
 
4,348 posts, read 4,726,579 times
Reputation: 7444
Future tower at West End corridor split could rise 27 floors | Development | nashvillepost.com


The old Rite Aid and where a Smoothie King is now.


Introducing The Sinclair: a 27-story tower coming to the well-known intersection of West End Avenue and Elliston Place.


The residential tower, which will be the tallest downtown building west of 21st Avenue, will feature 375 multifamily units, ground floor retail and restaurant space, and below-ground parking. Its location at 2416 West End Ave. will allow residents easy access to neighboring amenities like restaurants and Centennial Park.

The project, designed by Nashville's Gresham Smith, will be at its tallest facing West End before cascading down in height to the more pedestrian and existing scale of Elliston.

In an effort to enhance pedestrian accessibility and safety around the property, developer GBT Realty is earmarking $1.25 million + plans to work closely with NDOT and neighbors for offsite mobility projects. Ideas include nearby intersection improvements + a new pathway along the eastern section of Centennial Park, which also aim to expand downtown activity westward.

With zoning approval from Metro Council, the Midtown development is planning to break ground in late 2022.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2021, 12:46 PM
 
13,357 posts, read 39,994,162 times
Reputation: 10790
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
Future tower at West End corridor split could rise 27 floors | Development | nashvillepost.com


The old Rite Aid and where a Smoothie King is now.


Introducing The Sinclair: a 27-story tower coming to the well-known intersection of West End Avenue and Elliston Place.


The residential tower, which will be the tallest downtown building west of 21st Avenue, will feature 375 multifamily units, ground floor retail and restaurant space, and below-ground parking. Its location at 2416 West End Ave. will allow residents easy access to neighboring amenities like restaurants and Centennial Park.

The project, designed by Nashville's Gresham Smith, will be at its tallest facing West End before cascading down in height to the more pedestrian and existing scale of Elliston.

In an effort to enhance pedestrian accessibility and safety around the property, developer GBT Realty is earmarking $1.25 million + plans to work closely with NDOT and neighbors for offsite mobility projects. Ideas include nearby intersection improvements + a new pathway along the eastern section of Centennial Park, which also aim to expand downtown activity westward.

With zoning approval from Metro Council, the Midtown development is planning to break ground in late 2022.
That's going to be a really nice addition to Midtown and to the entrance to Centennial Park. Here's a video of the proposed high-rise:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7cjO9Gn9l4
__________________


IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2021, 05:10 PM
 
230 posts, read 119,868 times
Reputation: 248
Default 27 floors on a small spot of land??

Where Rite-Aid was at the Elliston/WestEnd split? Rotiers and the flower store. Not much room.

And where exactly are 27 floors of people going to park?



Doesn't exactly match the architecture at Vandy or the Parthenon, does it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2021, 06:24 PM
 
Location: Franklin, TN
6,662 posts, read 13,343,869 times
Reputation: 7614
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittydore View Post
Where Rite-Aid was at the Elliston/WestEnd split? Rotiers and the flower store. Not much room.

And where exactly are 27 floors of people going to park?



Doesn't exactly match the architecture at Vandy or the Parthenon, does it?
I'm not sure what you mean by "not much room." The total site is 0.87 acres, or about 37,900 sq ft. The proposed building is 27 floors and a total of 556,000 sq ft -- or a little less than 20,600 sq ft per floor (if they are close to identical).

There are 5 stories of underground parking with this development. That's where people are going to park.

In terms of architecture, West End and Midtown don't exactly have a dominant theme, so I don't think it's highly important to blend in...because you're blending in to what, exactly?

Give it a few years and you will see more modern high rise proposals in this part of West End.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2021, 06:41 PM
 
230 posts, read 119,868 times
Reputation: 248
.87 acres for a building that size means it will be crammed into that spot with a shoehorn.

Will not improve Nashville. One more generic glass box.

And "blending into what?" is easy to answer, Mr. "Vols"....

By Vanderbilt's 150th anniversary in 2023, four new residential options will be built on West End Avenue, where the Carmichael Towers currently stand. At $600 million, the project will be the most expensive capital project the university has ever undertaken.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2021, 09:24 PM
 
Location: Franklin, TN
6,662 posts, read 13,343,869 times
Reputation: 7614
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittydore View Post
.87 acres for a building that size means it will be crammed into that spot with a shoehorn.
Welcome to the urbanization of Nashville?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittydore View Post
Will not improve Nashville. One more generic glass box.
Generic glass box? Look, I understand if you don't like the design or the location for this building, but this is hardly generic -- especially for Nashville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittydore View Post
And "blending into what?" is easy to answer, Mr. "Vols"....

By Vanderbilt's 150th anniversary in 2023, four new residential options will be built on West End Avenue, where the Carmichael Towers currently stand. At $600 million, the project will be the most expensive capital project the university has ever undertaken.
I'm well aware of what Vanderbilt has under construction and what they have planned. That doesn't change my point at all.

Let's look at the other buildings that it needs to "blend" with in the area:

2525 West End
Parkview Towers
Homewood Suites
Hampton Inn
Elliston 23
Caterpillar Financial
Loews Vanderbilt Plaza
West End UMC
Cathedral of the Incarnation
2010 West End
The Graduate Hotel
several single-story strip malls
Holiday Inn Vanderbilt



It doesn't need to "fit in" with whatever Vanderbilt is doing. Not that I don't appreciate what Vanderbilt is doing, but pretty much every district that touches Vanderbilt is an inconsistent amalgam of architectural style.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2021, 03:25 PM
 
13,357 posts, read 39,994,162 times
Reputation: 10790
French IT conglomerate Capgemini is bringing up to 1000 IT jobs (500 minimum) to the massive Broadwest development in Midtown.

https://fox17.com/news/local/global-...ssee-capgemini
__________________


IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2021, 05:38 PM
 
2,428 posts, read 5,550,982 times
Reputation: 1836
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
French IT conglomerate Capgemini is bringing up to 1000 IT jobs (500 minimum) to the massive Broadwest development in Midtown.

https://fox17.com/news/local/global-...ssee-capgemini
on one hand we've been told the future is remote work but I can't help but wonder how all these folks will get to their jobs downtown with no real public transport system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2021, 07:22 PM
 
592 posts, read 593,315 times
Reputation: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
on one hand we've been told the future is remote work but I can't help but wonder how all these folks will get to their jobs downtown with no real public transport system.
I'd venture to say that given these jobs seem to be high paying that most of the employees will choose to live in or around downtown/midtown rather than commuting from the suburbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top