Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2024, 07:23 PM

3,081 posts, read 3,361,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Totally agree about the interstate. I-65 heading south below Franklin sheds a lane at I-840 (which makes sense), but it still has three lanes going through. But then one of them just ends. And then, a mile before the Saturn Parkway exit, that third lane magically reappears to then exit-only. It's only about four miles between the death and the rebirth of that third lane. Extending it through, so that you'd have three lanes all the way down to Saturn Parkway, is such obvious low-hanging fruit that I can't fathom why it hasn't been done already. Especially with how rapidly Spring Hill is growing, and even more so given that the new June Lake exit is going to siphon some of the people who get off at I-840 to then use Hwy. 31 to get into Spring Hill now.
I figure the south of Franklin I-65 is waiting for the finish of I-65 north of Nashville. The next big redo may be on I-65 from Trinity Lane thru downtown on at least 2 lanes on all ramps. Probably start with new Cumberland river bridge.

So from Spring Hill how far to the TN state line to rebuild I-65 there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2024, 09:28 AM

9,711 posts, read 9,466,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWoodle View Post
I figure the south of Franklin I-65 is waiting for the finish of I-65 north of Nashville. The next big redo may be on I-65 from Trinity Lane thru downtown on at least 2 lanes on all ramps. Probably start with new Cumberland river bridge.

So from Spring Hill how far to the TN state line to rebuild I-65 there.
From the Saturn Pkwy exit it is 53 miles.

Old 03-04-2024, 03:51 PM

1,400 posts, read 2,520,570 times
TDOT is notorious for lacking foresight and/or sensible planning. We have a spot on I-75 that goes from 4 lanes at Ooltewah, then down to two suddenly at Exit 11, then less than 2 miles later goes back to 3 lanes to go over White Oak Mtn. Then back to 2 lanes to Cleveland. I-75 all the way to Lenoir City (I-40) should have been widened to 3 lanes 20 years ago but TDOT hasn't done squat. Then there's the I-24 to I-59 mess that stays a mess every day.

Old 05-10-2024, 05:55 PM

10,115 posts, read 14,530,976 times
Nashville is getting a St Regis hotel, and the hotel will be the 3rd tallest in Nashville upon completion (provided no new taller towers surpass it by roughly 2027).

The hotel tower will sit adjacent to the JW Marriott hotel near the Nashville Music City Center, and will rise to 611 feet and 46 stories.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...turnberry.html

The AT&T Tower is currently Nashville's tallest at 617 feet high. Also, Nashville's soon to be tallest tower is under construction, built by developer Giarratana at 1010 Church Street.

Nashville's new tallest will be 750 feet and 60 stories, completing construction in 2027 as well.

By the time the St Regis is finished, it will come in 3rd, projected.

Old 05-11-2024, 12:06 PM

7,547 posts, read 17,285,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinestx View Post
TDOT is notorious for lacking foresight and/or sensible planning. We have a spot on I-75 that goes from 4 lanes at Ooltewah, then down to two suddenly at Exit 11, then less than 2 miles later goes back to 3 lanes to go over White Oak Mtn. Then back to 2 lanes to Cleveland. I-75 all the way to Lenoir City (I-40) should have been widened to 3 lanes 20 years ago but TDOT hasn't done squat. Then there's the I-24 to I-59 mess that stays a mess every day.
The funding stack and ideology behind it will have to morph for you to see more consistency in issues like you bring up. That's one of the knock-on effects of having no transportation-related bonds in place.

Old 05-12-2024, 11:23 AM

Rivergate Mall has been purchased for redevelopment. Macy's and existing parking lots will be developed into a mixed use property. No mention if the Dillard's will remain.

https://m.fox17.com/news/local/2024-...unty-middle-tn

Old 05-14-2024, 08:51 PM

Cool Springs Galleria will be redeveloped after owners CBL announced their plans in the Nashville Business Journal. New apartments, a hotel, and restaurants will rise on the Macy's corner. No word on any new anchors joining. I still think Von Maur would fit well in the mall. It is an upscale department store in between a Macy's and Nordstrom. They have really great customer service. They have Dry Goods locations already at The Avenue Murfreesboro and Bridge Street Huntsville, but no full service department stores.

Last edited by Shakeesha; 05-14-2024 at 09:02 PM..

Old Today, 09:42 AM

45,296 posts, read 26,553,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Cool Springs Galleria will be redeveloped after owners CBL announced their plans in the Nashville Business Journal. New apartments, a hotel, and restaurants will rise on the Macy's corner. No word on any new anchors joining. I still think Von Maur would fit well in the mall. It is an upscale department store in between a Macy's and Nordstrom. They have really great customer service. They have Dry Goods locations already at The Avenue Murfreesboro and Bridge Street Huntsville, but no full service department stores.
Lots of local backlash on this. Traffic is horrible in that area and apts. will only worsen it.

Old Today, 11:43 AM

7,547 posts, read 17,285,938 times
Can't get around traffic. Nashville is growing and you either put your new housing in a densified center (lowering the need for certain trips and ideally bundling trips on public transit) or you put your new housing on greenfields and farms further out, the traffic from which absolutely trashes your ability to move around your metro area.

Old Today, 12:43 PM

45,296 posts, read 26,553,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
Can't get around traffic. Nashville is growing and you either put your new housing in a densified center (lowering the need for certain trips and ideally bundling trips on public transit) or you put your new housing on greenfields and farms further out, the traffic from which absolutely trashes your ability to move around your metro area.
Or you put limits on growth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville