Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2015, 12:23 PM

813 posts, read 2,034,016 times

Advertisements

The City Lights development on Rutledge Hill will be condos (albeit without the comparable sweeping skyscraper views from atop 505).

City Lights condos hit market at record starting price

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 12:30 PM

4,349 posts, read 4,729,979 times
They'll sell/build City Lights and then everyone who bought will be complaining about noise and lights from the stadium and Ascend!

Old 11-23-2015, 12:38 PM

813 posts, read 2,034,016 times
I'd blame that one on the buyers and their Realtors if they complain. They should all be apprised of the noise levels of Ascend after the first concert season. I would like to think most of the people buying and renting downtown know what they are getting into at this juncture, but perhaps that's putting too much faith in fellow Nashvillians.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
I'd blame that one on the buyers and their Realtors if they complain. They should all be apprised of the noise levels of Ascend after the first concert season. I would like to think most of the people buying and renting downtown know what they are getting into at this juncture, but perhaps that's putting too much faith in fellow Nashvillians.
HA!! So true. But you know it will happen. Especially if they buy in the "off" season. Friends moved to one of the apartments up there and they were surprised at how loud/light the stadium was. They are much happier in the Detroit 'burbs.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:39 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,338,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
They'll sell/build City Lights and then everyone who bought will be complaining about noise and lights from the stadium and Ascend!
They should get their first taste from the New Year's fireworks then plan for July 4.

For the Titans Stadium depends how full the Music City Bowl gets some years before the Titans have any January games.

We will see how loud & busy the Arena & Music City Center will be for NHL All Star Weekend.

Probably have a bigger crowd for CMA Fan Fest in June.

The smart owner may be able to rent the unit out & get outta town for those busy tourist events?

Old 11-23-2015, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Probably have a bigger crowd for CMA Fan Fest in June.
Rumor has it they may be moving some venues?

And City Lights won't be built for a year.

Old 11-24-2015, 05:02 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,750,010 times
Some concerts will be at the Ascend.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:58 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,481,728 times
I noticed Nissan has put up some pretty major signage on the stadium in the last few weeks (maybe earlier...I drive by every day but just now noticed). I think it's a real missed opportunity to call it "Nissan Stadium". I mean, ho-hum. Wish they could have tied it in with the region or team more. "Nissan Coliseum" or something similar.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:38 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,087,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
I noticed Nissan has put up some pretty major signage on the stadium in the last few weeks (maybe earlier...I drive by every day but just now noticed). I think it's a real missed opportunity to call it "Nissan Stadium". I mean, ho-hum. Wish they could have tied it in with the region or team more. "Nissan Coliseum" or something similar.
I remember they were talking about that on the radio when the name changed and a lot of the thought was along the lines of "Nissan knew if they named it Nissan Coliseum, people would just call it The Coliseum again, and forget the Nissan part"

Old 11-25-2015, 10:01 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,481,728 times
I guess I see that logic. But it is just so generic. Adelphia Coliseum was such a great name and way to incorporate the sponsor with the location and team name.

Of course I'm a Bengals fan and they've finagled a deal with the county there that will keep the name "Paul Brown Stadium" for pretty much perpetuity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville