Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2015, 09:22 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,472,204 times

Advertisements

True...but it still seems like several dozen tractor trailers could add a good amount of inconvenience to the area.

I'm not out that way too often so maybe I'm overstating it. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the space is being utilized and applaud developers for finding ways of revamping the area from retail to finding different ways of using the spaces. Logistics center isn't what came first to my mind though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 11:26 AM

13,353 posts, read 39,963,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
True...but it still seems like several dozen tractor trailers could add a good amount of inconvenience to the area.

I'm not out that way too often so maybe I'm overstating it. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the space is being utilized and applaud developers for finding ways of revamping the area from retail to finding different ways of using the spaces. Logistics center isn't what came first to my mind though.
I think it's going to be more of a call center and not a logistics hub. At least that's what the Tennessean article indicated.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 12-04-2015, 01:06 PM

Ah. When in doubt, read the article I guess.

Old 12-09-2015, 04:23 PM

Richard Branson's Virgin Group has purchased the site on Music Row where a Virgin Hotels is planned. While Virgin was originally going to merely operate the hotel that was going to be developed by Nashville's D. F. Chase Inc, Virgin is now going to design and construct the hotel themselves. In making the announcement, Richard Branson said:

“Nashville’s time is now, and we want to be part of that excitement. We hope our first venture in Nashville will open the doors for more Virgin opportunities and more global travelers to enjoy Nashville’s Southern hospitality.”

It sure sounds like Virgin is planning on doing more in Nashville, like (hopefully) bringing its airline to BNA.

Read more here:

Richard Branson's Virgin Group buys Music Row site for $11M

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 12-09-2015, 06:53 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Richard Branson's Virgin Group has purchased the site on Music Row where a Virgin Hotels is planned. While Virgin was originally going to merely operate the hotel that was going to be developed by Nashville's D. F. Chase Inc, Virgin is now going to design and construct the hotel themselves. In making the announcement, Richard Branson said:

“Nashville’s time is now, and we want to be part of that excitement. We hope our first venture in Nashville will open the doors for more Virgin opportunities and more global travelers to enjoy Nashville’s Southern hospitality.”

It sure sounds like Virgin is planning on doing more in Nashville, like (hopefully) bringing its airline to BNA.

Read more here:

Richard Branson's Virgin Group buys Music Row site for $11M
What would be awesome is if they do more than just one flight.

Old 12-18-2015, 07:45 AM

There's a great article in today's Tennessean about the emergence of Demonbreun Street as one of downtown's trendiest thoroughfares. With over $1 billion in developments since 2010 along Demonbreun, the next two years will bring an additional 1 million square feet of class A office space, 100,000 square feet of retail, and hundreds of additional apartments, condos, and luxury hotel rooms. Just a few years ago the only businesses along Demonbreun were strip clubs, small warehouses, tire stores, etc., and now the road is home to the beautiful Schermerhorn Symphony Center, Music City Center, and some very expensive real estate. The online article includes some really cool before-and-after pictures of Demonbreun.

The evolution of Demonbreun Street

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 12-18-2015, 09:56 AM

That reminds me, the 505 Tower construction crane is going to be put into place over the next few days starting Sunday, which means road closures:

Sunday 12/20/15 10:00 PM through Wednesday 12/23/15 12:00 AM
5th Ave from Commerce St to Union St Church St from 4th Ave to 6th Ave

Source: Nashville > Public Works > Getting Around Nashville > Road Closures

Old 12-22-2015, 09:21 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,651,885 times
I'm from Nashville but have lived in Los Angeles for over 20 years (except for a year back home in 2012). I'm in LA because I have a fantastic job and at my age (57) that means a lot. I visit Nashville regularly and keep up with the news. Maybe it's my age, but all I can see is that they are tearing down too many things that made Nashville Nashville. It looks more and more like anyplace. The architecture, the stores, etc. LA has a lot of good stuff, but out of control growth is not a good thing in the long run - endless sprawl, traffic nightmares, loss of "neighborhoods", etc. It doesn't seem like anyone is looking past the immediate future in Nashville - but then developers only think in terms of dollars right now. I just think it's kind of sad - selling your soul for Whole Foods like of thing.

Old 12-29-2015, 05:24 PM

A new boutique hotel concept by Marriott is coming to downtown Nashville. Moxy Hotels by Marriott is coming to the corner of Broadway and 3rd Ave South downtown. Currently, the only Moxy Hotel in the world is in Milan. In 2016 more Moxy Hotels will be opening in New Orleans, Tempe, Munich, London, Berlin, Oslo, Frankfurt, Aberdeen, and Nashville.

SoBro boutique hotel project lands $2M permit | Nashville Post

Kick Back at an Affordable Chic Hotel | Moxy Hotels

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 12-30-2015, 06:42 AM

Interesting. I'd heard that a hotel was planned in that space for awhile, then fell through, and I guess got revived. I, personally, am excited about the 21C boutique hotel coming on 3rd Ave N.

The Tennessean reported yesterday (or Monday?) that 87% of hotels in the city were booked at the end of this week. I don't know if that's all of Davidson County or just the immediate downtown area (I'm assuming the latter). This city certainly needs some more hotels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville