Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2018, 10:49 AM

1,795 posts, read 1,882,309 times

Advertisements

I love this city's growth just not the traffic but it could be worse. We are growing bigger for better or worse. I never thought we would never pass Detroit and Boston in population looking at numbers in the 1980s growing up. Are we at 700k yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2018, 07:41 PM

9,695 posts, read 9,438,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
I love this city's growth just not the traffic but it could be worse. We are growing bigger for better or worse. I never thought we would never pass Detroit and Boston in population looking at numbers in the 1980s growing up. Are we at 700k yet?
Probably past 700,000 by now. Hopefully business leaders and politicians will take seriously our infrastructure needs so the growth is not hindered.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:57 PM

114 posts, read 128,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Probably past 700,000 by now. Hopefully business leaders and politicians will take seriously our infrastructure needs so the growth is not hindered.
Amen

Old 07-16-2018, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Just an incredible spot to view the skyline. Nashville is really infilling that skyline rapidly. It is becoming one of the coolest, more original solid skylines in the country.

Eager to see how it grows in the next 5 years.
wouldn't go that far...there's lot more work but making good progress

Old 07-16-2018, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHofKS View Post
In the last seven years...
Thats remarkable-it really has gone from a smaller city to starting to compete with the bigger players (like Charlottes). That is not a small thing for a city to do--no less in 7 years (and much more planned to come)

Old 07-16-2018, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHofKS View Post
In the last seven years...
South broadway has COMPLETELY filled out...remarkable

I like the 2 new tall buildings (jw hotel and 505). They are building few more so it will be even more soon!

Old 07-16-2018, 07:15 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,882,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Nashville has it's issues but what US city does not. I like Nashville's growth. Visiting a lot of US cities like New Orleans, Detroit, St. Louis for me Nashville looks great in comparison by then again just my opinion.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:39 PM

9,695 posts, read 9,438,244 times
Quote:
Nashville has it's issues but what US city does not. I like Nashville's growth. Visiting a lot of US cities like New Orleans, Detroit, St. Louis for me Nashville looks great in comparison by then again just my opinion.
Nashville looks really good compared to those cities. Critics are right in their assessment that Nashville needs a regional/comprehensive plan in place. You have two very fast growing suburban counties that will be the same size as Nashville is now in 20 years. To do nothing or just keep widening roads will not be enough to handle the growth. Many people do not realize the magnitude of the development going on right now.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:37 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,994,188 times
I can remember when Nashville was just a glorified Knoxville. The city has come a long way. I can remember when the original convention center and hotel was built and the impact that had on the city. Then the Batman building. Now look at it. All kinds of cylinders and skinny boxes and thingies.

Old 07-17-2018, 05:55 AM

2,428 posts, read 2,486,305 times
Quote:

Agreed! They are great places to visit, especially New Orleans but no where as livable as Nashville.. I think a lot of people here In Atlanta are realizing how popular Nashville is becoming. A lot of people I know as well as Co workers are starting to visit the area quite often now, some said they were coming this weekend as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville