Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2019, 05:08 AM

569 posts, read 1,427,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
They should announce stores for the new wing expansion this spring. I'm waiting on Cartier, Zara, Hermes, Gucci, Tom Ford, Etro. They could use a few more nice restaurants as well like the Capital Grille, Seasons 52, or Cooper's Hawk. Traffic will be worse when all of the stores open.
There is an architectural rendering that shows a Zara in the new wing. The same renderings show North Italia going in where the old Restoration Hardware was....so I think they are pretty accurate (since that is actually happening).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2019, 05:54 AM

114 posts, read 128,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Scientist View Post
Here is a curbed article on developments in Atlanta. That is just in Midtown Atlanta

https://atlanta.curbed.com/maps/atla...pment-map-2018
no crane in Tampa? You didn't visit downtown

Old 01-08-2019, 08:38 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,351,815 times
Quote:
They should announce stores for the new wing expansion this spring. I'm waiting on Cartier, Zara, Hermes, Gucci, Tom Ford, Etro. They could use a few more nice restaurants as well like the Capital Grille, Seasons 52, or Cooper's Hawk. Traffic will be worse when all of the stores open.
Capitol Grille >>> Capital Grille

Capital Grille is an upscale Longhorn.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:05 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,553,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arton1 View Post
no crane in Tampa? You didn't visit downtown
we ate right downtown. It was dead on a Saturday afternoon. It reminded me of Hartford. St Pete's on the other hand had a great vibe.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:28 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,994,188 times
Quote:
Zara would be cool but Indetex (the parent company of Zara) has been closing stores I thought? But they do seem to be well managed like Dillards so they know what they are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinestx
Wouldn't be surprised to see Cartier, Zara and Tom Ford. Gucci and Hermes may be a reach. IDK about Etro. In this age of malls being forced to find ways to survive, the top-tier malls will need to differentiate themselves from the pack. Enclosed malls in all cities are declining in number. A metro of 2 million could end up with just two when it all shakes out.*
Retailers don't like to take chances on malls in smaller markets.

Old 01-08-2019, 03:46 PM

9,695 posts, read 9,438,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Zara would be cool but Indetex (the parent company of Zara) has been closing stores I thought? But they do seem to be well managed like Dillards so they know what they are doing.
Dillard's has been struggling with the rest of the mid-level department stores. The new store in Nashville is still too small, and has no street activity. I see one of the stores in our market becoming a clearance center.

Quote:
I agree that many retailers are skeptical, but there are exceptions to the rule especially when considering high-tourism based cities. Nashville has pent up demand for luxury retail. I don't expect huge department stores like years past, but definitely more boutiques and new to market stores. Von Maur would give Dillard's much needed competition that Belk and Macy's can't.

Old 01-08-2019, 05:10 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,515,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post

Retailers always are looking for opportunities in unique markets. Nashville's not just any market and even in this age of dying malls, Green Hills is still reaching critical mass. Several of the top retailers are in even smaller markets than Nashville, such as Charleston. And a mall is a better bet than a small city's downtown shopping district, even with the tourism chops that Charleston has. A lot of times, you'll find such retailers partnering with large department stores that want the associated marketing. Plus, Nashville is not just any small market. With its growth rate and wealth, it hits way above its class. Then there's the fact that Nashville has a fashion week, unlike markets even larger than its size. Fact is Nashville is growing at more than twice the national average, and Mall at Green Hills will see several of those stores in this expansion. Rumors in town are that Taubman wants to make a huge announcement soon. Mostly around a new anchor, Neiman's which has a store at many of their malls.

Old 01-08-2019, 05:53 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,994,188 times
Quote:
Dillard's has been struggling with the rest of the mid-level department stores. The new store in Nashville is still too small, and has no street activity. I see one of the stores in our market becoming a clearance center.

I agree that many retailers are skeptical, but there are exceptions to the rule especially when considering high-tourism based cities. Nashville has pent up demand for luxury retail. I don't expect huge department stores like years past, but definitely more boutiques and new to market stores. Von Maur would give Dillard's much needed competition that Belk and Macy's can't.
I lived in Vegas for a few months and noticed a lot of high end retailers that aren't usually in markets that size. I think Orlando is another example of what you are referencing. So you made a good point. We will see what happens in Nashville.

Old 01-09-2019, 05:02 AM

569 posts, read 1,427,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinestx View Post
Rumors in town are that Taubman wants to make a huge announcement soon. Mostly around a new anchor, Neiman's which has a store at many of their malls.
Hmm....interesting. Where would they put another anchor? Other than the parking lot on one side of the mall, there doesn’t seem to be plot of land to develop.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:49 AM

1,398 posts, read 2,515,257 times
This expansion allows for a Nordstrom-sized pad fronting Abbott-Martin between Dillards and Nordstrom. It's a part of the reason the larger new garage was built on that end of the mall. Long-range plans allow for two more anchor pads on the north side of the mall in future expansions. Still at least five years away from being determined, it would be coupled with a traffic flow improvement and additional parking garage. Basically in future plans, the north parking lot would be converted to buildings and pedestrian plazas. That's a long way off at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville