Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2015, 06:52 PM

13,351 posts, read 39,950,637 times

Advertisements

New Jersey-based American Standards Brands, which makes plumbing fixtures, plans to bring 600 manufacturing and call center jobs to La Vergne.

La Vergne in line for 600 jobs - Nashville Business Journal

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 08:59 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,469,257 times
Potential development news at the soon-to-be former Nelson Mazda location at 12th and Broadway:

Grocery, restaurants, fashion stores likely for Broadway site.

Grocery is a definite need for the downtown/midtown area.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:23 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,740,532 times
I'd love to see a Publix there.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:41 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,718,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
Potential development news at the soon-to-be former Nelson Mazda location at 12th and Broadway:

Grocery, restaurants, fashion stores likely for Broadway site.

Grocery is a definite need for the downtown/midtown area.

Quote:
"It’s the best urban retail site in the city,”
I would definitely disagree with that! It's going to be a traffic nightmare and an even worse pedestrian nightmare.

I thought there was a grocery store going in over in the 11th/Charlotte complex.

And what is going in at (1) 3th Ave N btwn Monroe/Taylor and (2) 3rd Ave N btwn Taylor/Van Buren? Both half block (1) and full block (2) have been razed.

Old 07-27-2015, 08:02 PM

1,285 posts, read 2,356,454 times
There needs to be traffic calming measures taken there OR pedestrian enhancements. I was walking around that area last week and wouldnt have felt safe crossing Broadway.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:28 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,327,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
I would definitely disagree with that! It's going to be a traffic nightmare and an even worse pedestrian nightmare.

I thought there was a grocery store going in over in the 11th/Charlotte complex.

And what is going in at (1) 3th Ave N btwn Monroe/Taylor and (2) 3rd Ave N btwn Taylor/Van Buren? Both half block (1) and full block (2) have been razed.
If I'm not mistaken...

(1) https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2...n_site_for_65m

(2) https://www.nashvillepost.com/blogs/...ins_germantown

But this is the one I'm most interested in for Germantown:
https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2...antown_project

Old 07-27-2015, 09:35 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,718,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
Yeah that corner at third is going to be super busy. The other apartments across the road are going up pretty fast. I see the the progress all the time because we hang out at Jack Brown's quite a bit.

But that is a lot of apartments for that small six block area!

Old 07-27-2015, 09:39 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,327,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
Yeah that corner at third is going to be super busy. The other apartments across the road are going up pretty fast. I see the the progress all the time because we hang out at Jack Brown's quite a bit.

But that is a lot of apartments for that small six block area!
Pretty much every empty/industrial lot over there is going to change within the next 5 or so years.

That area you speak of looks like it will rival the massive Werthan block.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:31 PM

13,351 posts, read 39,950,637 times
San Francisco Bay area-based DayNine Consulting plans to open a Nashville office in October.

The human resources and consulting firm has leased 30,000 square feet, according to The Tennessean, and plans to bring 200 jobs here by the end of 2016.

DayNine looked at 20 other cities, but ultimately chose office space at downtown's Bank of America Plaza. Once fully staffed, the Nashville location will account for a third of the firm's global workforce.

“We fell in love with the vibrancy and the culture of Nashville,” DayNine CEO Tim Ramos told The Tennessean.

The company looks to work with area colleges and universities and is already talking to other companies about attracting and recruiting more young professionals to Nashville.

DayNine helps customers to deploy and implement new human resources and financial systems using the Workday software application.

California firm bringing 200 jobs to Nashville - Nashville Business Journal

California consultant bringing 200 jobs to Nashville

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 07-30-2015, 10:55 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Conn's Home Plus will open in the shuttered Antioch Target store as the first retail tenant in the new mixed use development. Residents remain hopeful for a Costco, as well.

Conn's HomePlus first retail tenant of massive Antioch project
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville