Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2021, 09:14 AM

1,398 posts, read 2,515,257 times

Advertisements

Zillow survey names Nashville as #4 destination for new "digital nomad" workforce.

Page views to rental listings in the metro increased 18.6% compared to the same time last year, indicating continued demand to this popular destination.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...locations.html

https://www.zillow.com/research/digi...lp-2021-29393/

A bit surprised Chattanooga didn't make the top 10 as it's become a huge magnet for WFH and we have our gig fiber optic digital network. We're certainly pulling from the Southeast. Maybe we haven't been discovered by the whole country yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2021, 09:17 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,495,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinestx View Post
Vandy to start on their $107 million graduate student village east of campus. Six hundred apartments in several buildings between 7-10 stories in Midtown.

https://news.vanderbilt.edu/2021/04/...g-development/
I'm glad this is finally moving forward. That desolate, fenced off patch of dirt has been a real buzzkill the past couple of years. I wonder if they were able to land a grocery tenant, like the original plans called for.

Old 04-29-2021, 09:34 AM

124 posts, read 104,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinestx View Post
There will be 35,000-40,000 new jobs downtown by 2030
It seems the new WFH phenomenon may not be as widespread as initially suspected? With such a major shift to remote workspaces during the pandemic, I thought we'd see less of these investments due to decreased demand in commercial real estate. Makes me wonder who will be filling the new office space. Some companies are consolidating campuses nationally and giving employees the option to permanently change their status. Evidently plenty of others still are not.

Old 04-29-2021, 10:11 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,495,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBruno23 View Post
It seems the new WFH phenomenon may not be as widespread as initially suspected? With such a major shift to remote workspaces during the pandemic, I thought we'd see less of these investments due to decreased demand in commercial real estate. Makes me wonder who will be filling the new office space. Some companies are consolidating campuses nationally and giving employees the option to permanently change their status. Evidently plenty of others still are not.
WFH always goes through phases. Employers let their workers WFH, eventually productivity and collaboration drops off, leading to employers calling back their employees.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:20 PM

9,695 posts, read 9,438,244 times
South Walk development in Nolensville is now underway. The development will consist of a community ice rink, office space, and retail. The development is welcome by residents who either have to drive to Brentwood or Smyrna to go shopping.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/busine...a88429558.html

Old 05-04-2021, 07:58 PM

34,094 posts, read 17,157,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Oracle releases huge campus plans, along with huge future jobs plans to total 8,500 in Nashville!

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...y%20tech%20hub.

There was a paywall for me for this link, but it may be able to be loaded by those who haven't frequently visited bizjournals.com sites in the past few days. ^
Saw the artist renditions today.

Very impressed.

Old 05-05-2021, 03:36 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,553,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBruno23 View Post
I think we'll see a hybrid model emerge so that people spend 2-3 days in the office every week and 2-3 days WFH. WFH won't mean work from anywhere you will still need to be near your office but you will lose the commute a couple times a week.

Old 05-05-2021, 07:56 AM

731 posts, read 820,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Oracle releases huge campus plans, along with huge future jobs plans to total 8,500 in Nashville!

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...y%20tech%20hub.

There was a paywall for me for this link, but it may be able to be loaded by those who haven't frequently visited bizjournals.com sites in the past few days. ^
Metro Council approved the plan at its regular meeting last night, 40-0. It'll be exciting to see this campus built.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...ives-vote.html

Old 05-05-2021, 10:14 AM

10,094 posts, read 14,498,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Saw the artist renditions today.

Very impressed.
Yeah, it's a beautiful campus. Such a significant investment for Oracle and their "vote of confidence" in the Nashville market overall.

I think Nashville will build on these recent tech investments, and they have continued to diversify an already impressive diverse economy.

Old 05-05-2021, 10:18 AM

10,094 posts, read 14,498,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloHome View Post
Metro Council approved the plan at its regular meeting last night, 40-0. It'll be exciting to see this campus built.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...ives-vote.html
Absolutely! I think this will definitely spur density on that side of the riverbank.

I'm eager to see how the Nissan Stadium area builds up density around it. I've read the owners are looking at a live/work/play scenario of dense high rises adjacent to and surrounding the stadium area.

I would think these ideas would mirror the recent new dense developments like The Battery and Truist Field in Atlanta, or Fenway Park in Boston and their dense developments currently and on the drawing board.

Very exciting to watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville