Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 02:26 PM

1,683 posts, read 811,566 times

Advertisements

Many of the people who work at the Titans games are rude and apathetic. The people who work at Preds hockey are much more professional.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:55 AM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I'll just cut off the quote here, but I agree with a lot of your points. You have to keep in mind that I'm talking about a scenario in, say, 5 years or so...not at this minute. I just feel that the stadium could start going downhill like I mentioned in the coming years if the place isn't kept up with. Sure, the performance on the field will drive interest and fan atmosphere, but that doesn't mean much long-term if the actual structure itself continues to grow older without the proper maintenance and upgrades/renovations that today's NFL (and future NFL) requires in a lot of markets.

As far as my favorite team, it's the Chargers. I never really caught onto the Titans a lot when they came here for whatever reason and when I moved to San Diego for the first time I became a Chargers and Padres fan. Speaking of the Chargers, they might be why this is on my mind, with us desperately trying to build a new stadium and not leave for LA. Granted Qualcomm Stadium is the textbook definition of a dump for an NFL venue (okay, I haven't been to Oakland but whatever), LP looks like the modern-day Qualcomm to me. It's a visually-unappealing hunk of concrete that hasn't seen a lot of additions through its years.

I've been to Seattle's stadium three times and it's light years ahead of LP Field IMO, despite only being 3 years newer. When the Titans went to Baltimore this season, the Nashville media couldn't stop raving about how great of a stadium experience they have....and their stadium is older. I just get the feeling ours is behind the times I guess. Maybe I'm off base, I don't know. I just feel like on those rare occasions that I do go inside LP Field it's just not that impressive by today's standards, which is a shame.
Maybe I don't get out enough, and I've only been to Indy, Carolina, and Tennessee, and I think TN is clearly the #2 stadium there.

When I went to see the Titans in 2013, we parked somewhere fairly near the stadium and a shuttle took us right up to it. We had balcony seats, but we had no problems seeing the action - there wasn't really a bad seat there. The seats were comfortable. I do think the concession stands in the little house looking things in the end zone are a bit wacky and inaccessible, but it's not the end of the world.

As long as the stadium is reasonably clean, reasonably accessible, has decent restrooms, and a good view, I'm not too picky otherwise. LP Field certainly does better than the disaster that is Neyland in that regard.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:59 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,578,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I don't think they are going to leave Nashville anytime soon. Usually the first games of every season are sold out or near sold out. We only start dropping in attendance when the season is particularly bad like this years.

Its a rebuilding time for the team, new coach, new players in many positions. Nashville and Tennessee supports the team pretty good most of the time.
Or next year.... Shoulda fired the coach. No matter what they do it will take new blood both on the field and the sideline to be a winning team.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:13 AM

With all the holes the Titans have to fill (even more of them have opened up in the last week) they will be another patchwork/makeshift team this next season. I thought they might win five games last time and they won two. At this point, I would predict a 1-15 or 0-16 record for this next season barring a shocking run of big money free agent signings. They picked the wrong draft to have a high first round pick. Trading down won't get them from the outhouse to the penthouse at all. They are indeed "S O L" as the young kids like to say. And without a paddle too.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:51 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,313,831 times
Their COO is retiring. Watch to see what happens. At some point the Titans may get new owners as the last of the Bud Adams clan sells out.

Old 03-24-2015, 11:20 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,471,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWoodle View Post
Their COO is retiring. Watch to see what happens. At some point the Titans may get new owners as the last of the Bud Adams clan sells out.
And the "Peyton's gonna buy the Titans!" Facebook posts will increase by 10,000%

Old 03-24-2015, 12:37 PM

Isn't Manning and Justin Timberlake minority share owners in the Memphis Grizzlies? That's going well. Fifth straight playoffs clinched last night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville