Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2008, 08:52 PM

37 posts, read 214,467 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys..I hope that you can help me out. My husband and I are looking at moving to the Nashville area. I am 26 and my husband is 30. I am from Dothan, Al and he is from San Diego,Ca. We have lived in Port St. Lucie, Fl-and we were one of the lucky ones to be able to sale our house. We were in San Diego for a bit..traveled to Missoula, Montana for the summer and we have been living in Northern Cali for the winter. We have been very blessed in able to travel this past year. We both have a few questions concerning Tn. He is a huge outdoorsman..Duck Hunting, Fly-Fishing, Deer Hunting, Elk..you name it, he loves it. What area has the most to offer a man of this nature? We also have questions concerning housing? We would like @ least an 1acre and a 3000sq ft home..Our price range would be up to 400$K. We do not have kids but plan on it-soon so schools would be an interest. Jobs-Are they hard to get? I would like to look @ Administrative Assistant positions and my husband played baseball so he is looking @ coaching-or maybe looking @ opening a franchise. I would appreciate all of your input..

Thanks,
Jana
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 10:11 PM

317 posts, read 1,226,731 times
Welcome to Nashville...almost. I think you'll like it here. As to your housing question, you have quite a few choices given your criteria. Every now and then a property that meets this criteria will squeeze in under $400k in Nashville in the areas of Oak Hill or Forest Hills, which are both very beautiful parts of Nashville, so it's possible to get an acre with 3000 sf right in the city limits. Just south of the city, you should be able to find a few properties like this in Brentwood. If you want more choices in one specific area, a few suburbs a little further out (in multiple directions) are Franklin (which includes areas like Leipers Fork), Fairview, Spring Hill, Hendersonville, Mount Juliet, Lebanon, Gallatin, Thompson Station, Murfreesboro, Pegram, Goodletsville, and Columbia. Some of these are further out that others, but they all offer some options that meet the basic needs you've listed on here. With more criteria, we can help you narrow the areas down for you. The encouraging thing is that you shouldn't have a problem finding something!

Old 01-07-2008, 08:41 AM

250 posts, read 1,011,236 times
Default Houses and Hunting :)

Hi there...I was married to a hunter who spent every weekend in the fall out west of Nashville around Bucksnort...there are lots of hunter-friendly places out that way and you can often get permission to use someone's property for that purpose.

In the housing search, I pulled up homes on at least an acre of land and priced up to $400k, and there were a few hundred that came up for you to choose from. So, we need to narrow the search by getting more specific as to your requirements. You'll want to research schools to decide which area you want to be in, and that will narrow our search enough more than likely. Once you do that, let us know and we can help you better.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:46 AM

28 posts, read 96,182 times
Good Luck trying to find what you are looking for. I just spent this past weekend in Nashville looking for the same thing. You will not find it. You will find, old out dated ranch houses that someone slapped granite on top of old cabinets and some cheap pergo on the floor and try to tell you it has been updated and they want 499,900 for it. I looked at over 20 houses spread across Brentwood, Mount JUliet, Hermitage and as a last resort Lebanon. I only saw two houses I would even consider making an offer on, and any offer would be $100,000 less than they were asking (and the comps would support that offer). I am supposed to go back this weekend and look again as we are moving in February, but I am not holding out much hope.

If you don't mind about a 30-40 minute drive into Nashville, I thought Lebanon had the best value for your money. Nice newer homes, on large lots or acreage.

Good Luck it your search.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:27 PM

37 posts, read 214,467 times
Thank You guys..We are looking @ flying into Nashville @ the end of this month! Please keep all of the good tips coming my way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville