Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 08:21 PM

47 posts, read 112,285 times

Advertisements

What can you tell me about Ashland City? My husband got a job on the west side of Nashville and we took a ride out and were pleasantly surprised. We have three kids one who goes to private school within driving distance. The other two I plan to send to public school for now.

We want to spend between $300k to $400k on a house. We would like a few acres to have some small animals. I work at home so no problem commuting. We are currently renting in Hermitage but it would make sense for us to move to the other side of the city.

How are the schools? Do they welcome transplants from outside of TN? It seems to be somewhat untouched with all the people moving in. Also my mom is worried about tornadoes.

Any input is appreciated, thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 02:22 PM

32 posts, read 40,371 times
I am also curious to hear more about Ashland City...Looks like there is a decent amount of land available on the west side (Pegram and Kingston Springs included)

Old 03-23-2015, 02:35 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,470,452 times
I'm not an expert on the area, but my guess is at $300-400k price range you should be able to find ample land and nice housing in that area. Ashland City hasn't really been changed too much by the boom in Nashville. At least not from what I could tell in my last visit there 18 months or so ago. I am not sure about schools there, but based on the extremely small sample size of 1 friend of mine, there's some work to be done there. They moved to Sumner County in large part for the school system.

So, I'd say if you're looking for affordable land, semi-rural charm, Ashland City is well worth a look.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:22 PM

Thanks so much, right now my daughter is in a private school and my son is in elementary school so we may have a short time to think about it. I appreciate the feedback!

Old 03-26-2015, 08:12 AM

78 posts, read 137,440 times
that area gets a good amount of flooding, right?

Old 03-26-2015, 10:46 AM

I was thinking the homes near the river, what about the homes on the hills?

Old 03-27-2015, 07:31 PM

3,043 posts, read 3,311,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoner7 View Post
that area gets a good amount of flooding, right?

Depends on the Cumberland, but it may flood less than the Harpeth or Stones River.

With a car, is convenient to get to Nashville via Briley West to I-40 & I-440. For the west side of Nashville near Vandyland & west would be very convenient.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:49 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,517,399 times
FYI : Riverview Restaurant & Marina Ashland City On my bucket list

Tennessee Crossroads - Program Info / Watch

Old 03-27-2015, 09:11 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,651,508 times
I lived off River Road out there years ago and floods were indeed a problem. If you are on a bluff it would be okay, but not within a few feet. We got cut off a few times because there was a little creek that ran from the river back across our road and it would all flood. Floods would run the snakes out of there holes. Ug. The town is actually on the other side of the river from River Road (which ends at Highway 49). You can either take River Road or Highway 12 up past Bordeaux. Highway 12 is narrow and curvy and I think that has a lot to do with why Ashland City didn't really grow like a lot of other areas.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:04 AM

5 posts, read 5,042 times
Cheatham County is a hidden gem, and in that price range you will certainly find a home that you could never purchase in any other area for the same dollar. I am familiar with several great luxury homes with 5 acres in that area.

The only concern about buying in that price range in Ashland a City is that you better be buying it to live in a long time. Properties in that price range do not sell fast at all. If you have no plans to relocate in the immediate future, go for it. The quality of life and convenience to Nashville us unmatched.

Another area to consider is Fairview in Williamson County. Values are certain to appreciate, being in Williamson County with close proximity to Nashville and Franklin. Be sure and look there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville