Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2008, 09:07 PM

5 posts, read 21,221 times

Advertisements

Trying to decide on Nolensville or Springhill? Pros and cons welcome. Wondering what the traffic is like going into Nashville from both areas? How are the roads? Which would be the easier commute?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 10:28 PM

250 posts, read 1,014,310 times
Spring Hill to Nashville is going to be a nightmare in the way of traffic...there's a major bottleneck between 840 and Hwy 96 on I-65...plan on a good hour to down town, depending on where downtown you're working. Nolensville...again, depending on where downtown and what part of Nolensville...you're probably looking at a 40 minute drive during rush hour.

Where downtown will you be working? And what parts of Spring Hill and/or Nolensville are you considering?

Posters...am I close on my estimates?

Old 01-15-2008, 12:56 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,979,239 times
If I had the money for both areas I would choose Nolensville in a heartbeat.

Spring Hill just doesn't interest me at all. It's a traffic nightmare that I would steer clear of at all costs.

Nolensville isn't bad, it's just overpriced IMO.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:41 PM

317 posts, read 1,230,887 times
Spring Hill is a relatively new area of development, so the road system in the communities should be fine. You are looking mostly at Interstate driving to get to other suburbs between there and Nashville, including Nashville. And that's I 65. The Interstate widens some by the time you get to Franklin.

As far as Nolensville goes, you're probably looking at mostly back roads to get many places or taking I 24 to some of the other connectors, depending on where you are going. Parts of Nolensville and around that area, there is a lot of development taking place and in the plans (also the area where Brentwood, Nolensville, Nashville, Antioch all meet, in a way...so make sure you know what city you're in!). And the plans are for Nolensville Pike to be widened in that area. So in some parts of Nolensville, you still might feel like you're completely in the country, while in other parts, you can tell there's a sense of newness. Hope that makes sense. It really depends on where you will be going on a regular basis, etc.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:10 PM

2,779 posts, read 5,498,737 times
Nolensville. Spring Hill feels like really far away to me. I think your housing value will hold better in Nolensville too but that's just my opinion.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:46 PM

1,197 posts, read 3,581,622 times
You can get more home for the money in Nolensville if you like trees and older looking homes. Spring Hill is way too far to commute to Nashville everyday. There are other communities closer to Nashville that you might like better anyway. Bellevue is west of Nashville and has a great area of homes, apartments, condos, etc.. and is only 15-20 from downtown.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:09 PM

5 posts, read 21,221 times
Thanks for all your responses! Knowlege is power!

Old 05-14-2009, 02:12 PM

2 posts, read 9,888 times
older looking homes? nolensville has been overtaken by lame subdivisions..

anyway, moving on with that, nolensville to downtown is about 30 to 40 minutes depending on traffic, if theres no traffic its about 20 to 25ish.

spring hill... its way far out, about 25 minutes from the back of nolensville closer to the franklin side, and the interstate always gets backed up around 96 so, you would have that traffic plus downtown nashville traffic too. but nice homes, and the area is booming with new shopping centers and tons of new resturants, if you like that kind of thing.

ive lived in nolensville all my life and i dont understand the recent growth in the past few years, i understanding wanting a good school system, bc williamson definatly has that, but if you are considering nolensville because you want to be in the "country" its turning into not that anymore, the people wanting it are killing it, building too many new shiny houses with no yard, its dissapointing seeing what it has become, its true beauty was back in the day.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:13 PM

2 posts, read 9,888 times
btw..there are some areas in franklin and brentwood that are older, peaceful, big yards not as expensive, located right by the interstate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville