Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 12:14 PM

183 posts, read 254,370 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine moved to Nolensville a couple years ago and she loves it! They bought a house there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 09:50 AM

792 posts, read 2,873,926 times
OP, have you even BEEN to Nashville? If not, buy yourself a ticket and check it out. It's not smart to move anywhere sight unseen.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:39 AM

18 posts, read 29,396 times
OP, I am sorry to hear about your father.

As for Nolensville, I would recommend to join the town's FB page - Nolensville 411. A lot of good information there, and people are good in answering any questions you might have.
Bent Creek is a good subdivision, and the townhouses are very nice. I just saw there was one for sale by owner - I can lookup the number tonight, OP, if you want to get in touch. There is also new construction by Goodall Homes - The Cottages at Bent Creek, that looks a lot like townhouses, except they have double garage, I believe.
If you are not set on Williamson County, I would look up the Lenox Village area, too. It is just a bit farther north of Nolensville, in South Nashville. Good choice of restaurants.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:34 PM

838 posts, read 1,210,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galandriele View Post
OP, I am sorry to hear about your father.

As for Nolensville, I would recommend to join the town's FB page - Nolensville 411. A lot of good information there, and people are good in answering any questions you might have.
Bent Creek is a good subdivision, and the townhouses are very nice. I just saw there was one for sale by owner - I can lookup the number tonight, OP, if you want to get in touch. There is also new construction by Goodall Homes - The Cottages at Bent Creek, that looks a lot like townhouses, except they have double garage, I believe.
If you are not set on Williamson County, I would look up the Lenox Village area, too. It is just a bit farther north of Nolensville, in South Nashville. Good choice of restaurants.
Along this same line, there are a lot of discussions about the Gestapo nature of Bent Creek's HOA. You might want to check out the Nolensville Community page on FB since the Nolensville 411 page deletes all the HOA posts.

Old 04-04-2015, 04:46 PM

18 posts, read 29,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspray View Post
Along this same line, there are a lot of discussions about the Gestapo nature of Bent Creek's HOA. You might want to check out the Nolensville Community page on FB since the Nolensville 411 page deletes all the HOA posts.
Hahaha, so true! But I don't think it would be such a problem for townhouses, as they don't have the lawn to mow, are not able to put the swings for kids outside anyway, and do not keep the trash cans outside.

Old 04-18-2015, 02:25 PM

455 posts, read 1,140,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandie11 View Post
Has anyone else made this move? What are the benefits? Negative aspects? We are looking into Nolensville townhouses, but not sure. I'm going on 26, single, and kind of liberal. My mother (widowed) will be making the move with me and she will be getting a townhouse too. We've had a rough year and 1/2 (my father passed then) and we both need a change. I feel like Nashville might be it! How are the taxes? I looked it up, but I don't know if I have accurate information. It looks like a nice area on paper...
I'm sorry for your loss, pandie11.

Taxes are significantly lower than in NY State. (There are no state income taxes in TN. Real estate taxes are much lower too.)

I know traffic is bad all over, but please believe people when they tell you traffic is problematic in Nolensville. I live nearby and there is one road (mostly just one lane in each direction) and lots of new developments and new people moving to the area. Take a wild guess what happens during rush hour. Even outside of rush hour, congestion is getting worse and worse.

My wife and I moved from NYC to Nashville ~5+ years ago. For the most part, I really like it here, but it is a big change from the Northeast in lots of ways.

Expect hotter summers, but the winters are still quite cold. (Not nearly as snowy in the Northeast, but we've gotten down close to zero degrees the last two winters and lots of nights in the teens and single digits.)

Of course, if you're used to going to the beach, that will be a big change. (The nearest beach is ~7 hours away on the Florida panhandle.)

There are lots of transplants to the area, so I don't think you'd have trouble finding people who share your political views. And there are lots of young people moving here -- although as another City Data commenter said, Lenox Village (just a bit further north on Nolensville Pike) might be a better choice if you'd like to be around more young people and have restaurants and shops in walking distance. That area is also booming.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:55 AM

39 posts, read 46,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBPisgah View Post
OP, have you even BEEN to Nashville? If not, buy yourself a ticket and check it out. It's not smart to move anywhere sight unseen.
While it may not be "smart" boy is it fun. I moved to Las Vegas having spent a total of 72 hours of my life there. I did the same for Phoenix having never even been to Phoenix. Just Glendale and Scottsdale.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:45 PM

138 posts, read 600,734 times
I'm from Long Island and moving in July. After a year of researching it's finally happening and we found our dream home. TN is beautiful best of luck. I can't wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville