Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 03:29 PM

1,683 posts, read 811,803 times

Advertisements

Good article in the morning paper...

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/04/03/hip-donelson-among-nashvilles-desirable-suburbs/25269925/

'Hip Donelson' among Nashville's most desirable suburbs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 03:31 PM

13,354 posts, read 39,963,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
Good article in the morning paper...

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/04/03/hip-donelson-among-nashvilles-desirable-suburbs/25269925/

'Hip Donelson' among Nashville's most desirable suburbs
You just beat me to it! I was about to post that article, too. I really, really like Donelson. A couple of years ago when I was about to move to the Nashville area I looked very seriously at Donelson. I love that area of Nashville.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 04-05-2015, 04:10 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times
Donelson is nice, but the 'Hip Donelson' group needs to be aborted.

Old 04-05-2015, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
Donelson is nice, but the 'Hip Donelson' group needs to be aborted.
Yeah I wouldn't call Donelson "hip." Popular, yes. Hip, no.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 04-07-2015, 05:50 PM

240 posts, read 452,145 times
Default donelson gets big props

the whole donelson, hermitage, and mt juliet area is ideal. just avoid the bonnas( streets)

Old 04-07-2015, 05:58 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,084,674 times
I left Donelson to go back to Mt Juliet last fall as a money saving move because I've got an out of state move I'm saving for but I loved it. If I didn't have my reasons for leaving I definitely would've stayed.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:50 PM

32 posts, read 40,374 times
I think the Hip Donelson slogan is being a little cheeky...at least when it started it was. My realtor and friend for over 12 years was the founder of the group. As a realtor, he was saying that Donelson has more going for it than it got credit for.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:51 AM

19 posts, read 38,513 times
I think what would be awesome for the area is if the city built a bridge over the river between McGavock Pk in East Nashville and McGavock Pk on the Donelson side and just make it one road. It would provide another route into the city for the people in Donelson (besides Briley) as well as ingress/egress for the East side. I think connecting the 2 areas would be great for the city, IMHO.

Old 04-10-2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subles View Post
I think what would be awesome for the area is if the city built a bridge over the river between McGavock Pk in East Nashville and McGavock Pk on the Donelson side and just make it one road. It would provide another route into the city for the people in Donelson (besides Briley) as well as ingress/egress for the East side. I think connecting the 2 areas would be great for the city, IMHO.
I've always thought this, too. Did there maybe used to be a bridge there? Or were there plans to build a bridge there at some point? It seems odd to have two streets with the exact same name completely inaccessible to each other on opposite sides of the river unless they were at one point connected by a bridge or there were plans to connect them with a bridge.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 04-10-2015, 12:26 PM

593 posts, read 1,355,945 times
I thought I read once there was a ferry there that stopped running when Briley Parkway opened? Not sure. I'd be surprised if a bridge at that location is ever discussed, though. It would work fine on the east side but the west side is quiet residential.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville