Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2015, 09:48 PM

9 posts, read 16,522 times

Advertisements

We are planning a trip in August and looking at the hotels near the airport. The prices seem more reasonable than some parts of the city. Is this a reasonably safe area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 11:06 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,328,903 times
Yes, it is reasonably safe.

FWIW, hotels in Brentwood are pretty reasonable in price as well, and that is considered a safe area.

Some of it has to do with the brands of hotel, and proximity to attractions. Downtown and Midtown hotels tend to be more upscale brands, and can command a higher price. While there are certainly some nice hotels near the airport, there are a lot of what I would call "travel" hotels rather than "destination" hotels. Meaning either they are geared more towards business travel, or those that want to spend more money on attractions rather than fancy lodging.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:54 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,088,451 times
I have stayed out by the airport and it was fine, but unexciting . . . not a lot of restaurant choices.

I totally agree with nashvols. In Brentwood the area called "Maryland Farms" has some good safe choices. It's exit 74A&B off of I-65, just south of Old Hickory Blvd. Maryland Farms is West of Franklin Road but there are some on the East side as well.

Baymont Inn & Suites Nashville/Brentwood
Homewood Suites by Hilton
MainStay Suites
Residence Inn
Courtyard

Extended Stay America
Holiday Inn Express

There are lots of restaurants, a couple of grocery stores. Easy Access to 65 to go north to Nashville or south to Franklin/Cool Springs. Some of these have a kitchenette. Prices in the $100 range but depends on the day, of course. Could be more or less.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:40 PM

9 posts, read 16,522 times
Thank you Nashvols and CountryGirl2b=
I checked out the Homewood Suites in Brentwood and it only takes 30,000 Hilton points which is a really good deal for a Homewood Suites. Thanks!

Old 05-22-2015, 03:30 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,088,451 times
I think you'll find it to be a nicer base than out by the airport. LOTS of restaurants/fast food. Corky's BBQ and Puffy Muffin are at least smaller chains. The Perch has crepes. Starbucks, Chipotle, Five Guys, etc. And next to Puffy Muffin is a Fresh Market which is like a smaller Whole Foods? In fact, I like it better. They have some great 'take away' food - interesting salads, sandwiches, soups, great sourdough bread, etc. Also a Publix and a Kroger further south on Franklin. You can take Franklin road all the way into Nashville or down to Franklin if you don't want to get back on the highway. Cheekwood botanical gardens isn't too far from there either. Enjoy your visit!

August can be wickedly hot . . . . but you probably already knew that!

Old 05-22-2015, 04:34 PM

3,041 posts, read 3,310,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexes View Post
We are planning a trip in August and looking at the hotels near the airport. The prices seem more reasonable than some parts of the city. Is this a reasonably safe area?
It is a safe area. You may compare prices to the Opryland hotel. I agree, food choices may be limited after the morning brunch. Easy to get to Lebanon pike, McGavock Pike (opry land N of hotel & Mills).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville