Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2015, 09:29 AM

3 posts, read 8,621 times

Advertisements

Has anyone relocated from Ashville NC to Nashville TN. I'm considering the move. I work in health care and I'm currently single. Asheville is horrible for dating. I love the hiking and outdoor activities here but the night life is getting old in this area. I just want thoughts and ideas about a 29 year old, single, female in health care moving to Nashville TN to start over... is this a good idea or should I say put?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 09:40 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,090,694 times
The Crystal Ball says . . . WHY is Asheville terrible for dating and is that the only reason you'd move to Nashville?

Old 07-22-2015, 10:06 AM

I would be moving for a life change as well. I have lived here 5 years, about 3 years ago had a horrible break up but stayed in this area. I have just not had enough personal growth in this area. I have a lot of the same friends and problems surrounding me that come from my ex boyfriend and life here. I have made new friends and moved on but old drama seem to follow me b/c I run into those ppl b/c Asheville is very small in terms of people. Really it would be to start fresh... if that is even possible but also to help me meet someone that will fit my lifestyle and future better. I have really tired dating and feeling settled in this area but its not working and I'm at a loss at what to do. Making a change in job and a move seems to be my next step. I know I can always return here if I wish.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:28 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,742,391 times
There are plenty of health care jobs here. What exactly do you do?

Old 07-22-2015, 10:44 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
I love Asheville, we go several times a year. Nashville is much larger, so there will be more men, more opportunity, more of pretty much more of everything.

And we have hiking and some pretty areas and waterfalls in Middle TN. But you will lose the immediate access to mountains.

In many ways, the creative vibe in Nashville and Asheville remind me of each other. The people playing music on the downtown streets here will be playing actual instruments as opposed to a hippy looking band with someone playing the washboard (which we love seeing btw).

Asheville has much better people watching. I've never encountered a Harry Krishna on the street here. In fact, I've been to many cities throughout the US and only had Harry Krishnas approach us in two cities- NYC and Asheville.

Also, while local restaurants and shopping is definitely increasing here, you won't find as much density of them in Nashville as you do in Asheville. East Nashville is probably the most like Asheville.

And we have way less white people with dreadlocks. Asheville has to be the leader in that east of the Mississippi, if not in the whole country. We have more hipsters than hippies.

I think you could really like Nashville. We love it here and we also love Asheville.

Old 07-23-2015, 08:03 AM

brentwoodgirl thank you for your informative reply! I'm planning another visit soon to Nashville to look at apartments. I have been to Nashville 3x in my life. Friends have lived there are various points

artemis. I'm a registered nurse. I did hear Nashville is great for health care.

Old 07-23-2015, 08:07 PM

6,353 posts, read 11,591,423 times
OP, I think you will find more people with ambition in Nashville. Asheville is great for hanging around and enjoying life, but without many job opportunities people with ambition are likely to move on.

I'm guessing that's what you mean by fitting your lifestyle and future better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville