Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 01:20 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,032 times

Advertisements

I have a few trips coming up. I KNOW that a taxi out here to Franklin is at least $60 each way. SO, wondering about long term parking at BNA. Either the long term lots (which I see are $9 a day . . not sure about the 'Economy' lot?) but I wouldn't mind off airport parking. NOT interested in parking at a hotel. I just don't think there's enough security. Would prefer a fenced park and fly specific lot.

YES I have friends but one flight doesn't get in until midnight so . . .

Anyone have any good (or bad) experiences with airport area parking????

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 01:56 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
My husband swears by Executive Travel:

Nashville Airport Parking | Parking at BNA Airport, Nashville

They have a secure lot and shuttle you directly to the terminal. They also sometimes have online coupons.

He's had better experiences with them than the other off-site parking lots.

Old 08-17-2015, 02:14 PM

1,285 posts, read 2,356,764 times
Groupon has offers for the off site parking lots. My friend never uses anything else.

https://www.groupon.com/browse/nashv...N&locale=en_US

Old 08-17-2015, 08:14 PM

914 posts, read 1,983,426 times
We always use the off site. The airport made me mad when they jacked up the fees they charge to off site parking companies so I refuse to give the airport my money for parking.

Uber/Lyft is also an option, but from Franklin it would probably be $40.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:17 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,545,726 times
My husband swears by executive travel too and they usually have coupons.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:18 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,470,452 times
I've also heard good things about Executive Travel. I've had no issues using Long Term B ($9/day) and Economy ($9/day but more spaces and more likely to find something without driving around much) on property. Personally, if you're just going for a few days that's pretty hard to beat.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:43 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,032 times
Yes, Executive is $10.50 with a coupon . . . I thought off airport lots would be cheaper?

Don, thanks for clearing up the difference between the two long term lots. I HAVE parked in, I guess, Lot B. Tried walking the terminal which is awkward. It's not that far but they route you through the short term garage. Did you find that the shuttle was fairly dependable for the Economy Lot? A couple trips are a week but one is 2-1/2. That's the one where the return isn't until midnight. And THAT'S assuming I clear customs and make the connection and the weather is good. I know enough about travel not to count on everything going as planned.

About 10 years ago I ran up to my flight to Australia in LAX and they had already closed the door (my connecting flight from the East coast was late, but it was the same airline, they should have KNOWN I was coming) and wouldn't let me on. The next flight wasn't for 24 hours. BAD start to the trip!

I see the shuttles for the Spot? Anyone try them??? And is Executive off airport? I keep seeing they advertise as being "Valet"???

Thanks for the responses!

Old 08-18-2015, 08:13 AM

I'm surprised Executive is more expensive too. Though they do give you valet-type service once you get there and have your car waiting for you. And don't have to worry about finding your car in the rain.

I've never had shuttle issues with either Economy or Long Term B. I had a very late flight once coming back once...I think we landed at 11 or 12 am and I didn't have long to wait at the terminal to get the shuttle to the lot. I'm relatively certain those shuttles run all hours that the airport is open, but you can probably call them to double check if that's a concern. I'd do the same for Executive too.

Economy isn't in practical walking distance at all. And Lot B isn't really either as you mentioned. And here's more information...Long Term A is within "walking distance"...I say that in quotes because yes most people can physically walk to the terminal from that location but if you're hauling more than a pull-behind carry on and a personal item, it's not really within walking distance. Plus it's more expensive ($12/day if memory serves) but if you're crunched for time it is a better option (if it's not full) because the shuttles have less distance to go.

And there's always Uber if you want to go that route and not have to worry about it at all.

Old 08-18-2015, 08:16 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
And is Executive off airport? I keep seeing they advertise as being "Valet"???

Thanks for the responses!
I guess they call it "valet" because you drive to their facility, which is about a mile away from the airport, pull up under a canopy where a guy comes out to check in your car, and you get a ride in a shuttle directly to your departure gate at the terminal.

Your car is locked inside their staffed facility 24/7 while you're gone. When you return, you call them when you land and their shuttle will be waiting for you at the terminal to take you back to your car, which a valet brings back to you at their facility. They even help you with your luggage. There is no walking or waiting anywhere, which is nice when you're coming back late.

They have cheaper coupons:

Coupons Bing - Executive Travel

Old 08-18-2015, 09:15 AM

You bring up a good point about the lot being staffed. While I've never known anyone personally to have their vehicle broken into at the airport lots, the Economy lot would probably be a pretty good target at 3 AM when the shuttles aren't as active. I have seen security cameras everywhere but who knows what kind of deterrence that is. I always try to park near a lamp if it is possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville