Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2017, 04:42 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,943,010 times

Advertisements

From SmartAsset.com:

In order to rank the best minor league baseball towns in America, we looked at data on 159 towns. We compared them across quality of life metrics and game day experience. Read our data and methodology section to see where we got the data and how we put it together.

The top 25:
  1. Nashville
  2. Round Rock TX (Austin)
  3. Durham NC
  4. Charleston SC
  5. Geneva IL (Chicago)
  6. Portland ME
  7. Charlotte
  8. Omaha
  9. Des Moines
  10. Frederick MD
  11. Reno
  12. Frisco TX (Dallas)
  13. Colorado Springs
  14. Columbus OH
  15. Indianapolis
  16. Scranton PA
  17. Greenville SC
  18. El Paso
  19. Boise
  20. Davenport IA
  21. Midland TX
  22. Fort Wayne IN
  23. Hillsboro OR
  24. Salem VA
  25. Manchester NH

The full study including their methodology:
https://smartasset.com/mortgage/best...all-towns-2017

Pics from wikimedia:

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 10-11-2017 at 06:45 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 11:32 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times
A lot of this is comparing apples to oranges. I do find it amusing they pointed out east TN for "low quality of life." LOL.

I've been to games in Nashville, Indianapolis, and Des Moines. All of these stadiums are very nice and have a big league feel without the associated traffic from attendance at most major league parks. They're plenty enough for me on a day to day basis. They also play a significantly longer season than the rookie leagues. Rookie league doesn't even start until late June and are wrapped up by Labor Day. You have about ten weeks of baseball. Nashville starts in April. That's another two months to catch a game, and May/early June are usually more comfortable than August for watching a game.

Once you get down to the rookie leagues, stadiums and such can range from reasonably nice, like Johnson City, to a more backyard ball feel like Kingsport with bleachers and no shade. It's just a totally different level of play and experience.

Old 10-14-2017, 09:40 AM

1,683 posts, read 810,688 times
And how exactly did Rochester NY not make the list??

Frontier Field, Rochester, New York

Old 10-15-2017, 02:17 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,083,129 times
We're a major sports town with a minor league team. Cool I suppose.

Old 10-15-2017, 06:12 PM

627 posts, read 1,845,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
The new stadium is leaps and bounds better than the old one.

But your point is correct, it's minor league baseball. At the end of the day it is a second rate product. I remember walking through the parking lot of the Louisville Sluggers many years back and seeing tricked out H1 Hummers parked next to decrepit Honda Accords in the players' parking lot. You had minor league lifers playing with established veterans who had made it and were there on a rehab assignment.

I don't believe that Nashville can support a major league baseball team 81 times per year. 40,000 people is a big number to get to show up that many times each season. I feel a minor league franchise is about right.

Old 10-15-2017, 06:45 PM

34,007 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Congratulations. I left town before the new park opened, but it looks awesome.

Old 10-23-2017, 11:14 PM

615 posts, read 1,374,743 times
Default Nashville area bigger than some metropolitan areas with MLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big TR View Post
The new stadium is leaps and bounds better than the old one.

But your point is correct, it's minor league baseball. At the end of the day it is a second rate product. I remember walking through the parking lot of the Louisville Sluggers many years back and seeing tricked out H1 Hummers parked next to decrepit Honda Accords in the players' parking lot. You had minor league lifers playing with established veterans who had made it and were there on a rehab assignment.

I don't believe that Nashville can support a major league baseball team 81 times per year. 40,000 people is a big number to get to show up that many times each season. I feel a minor league franchise is about right.
The Nashville metropolitan areas is bigger in population than Milwaukee, which has a major league team, and Nashville is growing faster than some other metropolitan areas just ahead of it that have had major league baseball teams for a long time, such as Cleveland, Kansas City, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh. If current growth trends continue, the Nashville area should pass the Cleveland area, which is losing population, in the 2020 Census. Therefore, it is likely that within a few years, the Nashville area will be greater in population than several metropolitan areas with Major League teams. For more information, go to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tistical_Areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville