Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2008, 03:26 PM

4 posts, read 8,520 times

Advertisements

Hi there everyone!
We are relocating to Nashville from San Diego, CA and have found a potential house in the Mt. Juliet area. I will be working in the downtown area and my husband will be working nearby to Mt. Juliet. How is the commute to downtown from here during normal business hours?
THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 03:50 PM
BNB

172 posts, read 691,879 times
Hi there katrinas! My husband and I are moving to Nashville from SD too! We are also looking at Mt. Juliet as the area we would love to settle in. When is your move date? We are looking at October...would love to chat with you!

beth

Old 01-27-2008, 04:06 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,204,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katrinas View Post
Hi there everyone!
We are relocating to Nashville from San Diego, CA and have found a potential house in the Mt. Juliet area. I will be working in the downtown area and my husband will be working nearby to Mt. Juliet. How is the commute to downtown from here during normal business hours?
THANKS!
You could actually take the Music City Star rail line to downtown, if you were so inclined.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:02 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,027,010 times
That commute on I-40 used to be murderous from Stewarts Ferry Pike all the way into downtown. However, they've finished the construction at the Briley Pkwy interchange since I moved from that part of town, and what used to be three lanes with construction cones everywhere is now five fully-functioning lanes. I can only assume that this has improved the traffic flow, but with the influx of people moving to Mt. Juliet, look for it to become more congested by the day.

Old 01-27-2008, 06:01 PM

279 posts, read 782,319 times
im not part of the rush hour commute, but ive seen the evening ones, and its brutal heading out toward mt juliet. well it moves at a decent pace, but its just a flow of cars...but since briley parkway finally finished, its gotten a bit better. esp during rush hour, briley was a nightmare...

alleycat gives a great suggestion, if you are working near the cumberland river, you can take the nashville star to commute, they have a stop in mt juliet.

i live in lebanon btw, but i know a bit about mt juliet

Old 01-29-2008, 08:27 AM

160 posts, read 502,634 times
Take the Star. It will make your life so much easier and relaxing. Even if you aren't right by the the stop, there are great bus connections from the station.
Also, expect stop and go for the couple miles on Mt. Juliet until Division on Mt. Juliet Rd if you live on the north side of town until the road gets widened.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:00 PM

4 posts, read 8,520 times
Default Great!!!

Thanks for the replies! I looked into the Star railway, but from what I can tell it costs around $151 for a monthly pass. Thats about what we spend in gas a month, so we'll have to decide if its worth paying the monthly fee and gas for around town! Sincere thanks again for the replies :-) We found a place we like near Old Hickory Lake and are planning the "big move" in June 2008! Looking forward to it!!!

Old 01-30-2008, 07:56 AM

597 posts, read 2,107,957 times
Gas is one of the least of the expenses in car ownership. Do some more research and you'll find that riding the Star would make excellent fiscal sense. I drive my older truck the 25 miles to work and back each day (my Star, I guess) and the car in my garage that I drive on weekends has seen less than 20k miles on it in 3 years, looks new, tires perfect and will stay that way for a long time. And I won't have to plunk down 20k for another one anytime soon. Look more deeply into the Star and you'll see what I mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: