Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 08:18 PM

263 posts, read 614,218 times

Advertisements

Waffle House.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 05:16 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siamese Kitty View Post
You guys really think Saffire with a 9 month old? Definitely great food, though! Hope you enjoy your trip.
Every time I go there, it's so loud you can't even hear yourself, much less a baby.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:51 AM

114 posts, read 140,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Every time I go there, it's so loud you can't even hear yourself, much less a baby.
Haha, true.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:06 PM

1,370 posts, read 1,069,805 times
Thanks for all the advice everyone. We're thinking 55 South, Puckett's Grocery or Boathouse, and Mellow Mushroom (we really like it and don't have one yet in STL). Sounds like all of these would be pretty good choices with our little guy.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:35 AM

53 posts, read 76,186 times
Franklin is a very friendly community. Babies and children are welcome most everywhere. At any of the nicer restaurants mentioned, one squeal or even a loud "happy noise" will be tolerated, on the second and most certainly the third, decorum requires you remove your child so the other diners will not be disturbed. If you are certain your child will not be able to dine without disturbing the other diners, you should lower your dining standards as a family until your child is a bit more mature. Please keep in mind, some of your fellow diners have hired a babysitter for the evening so they may have a peaceful, squeal-free dinner.

Old 09-21-2015, 12:25 PM

171 posts, read 233,252 times
I would not recommend 55 South. My family went for brunch and didn't think too much of the food. My husband even found a large piece of cardboard in his breakfast burrito. However, Puckett's Boathouse or Grocery would be fine to take children, too.

My husband and I have a 3 1/2 year son that frequents many nice restaurants around the U.S. He has done so since he was 3 months old. He is generally very well behaved as he has been exposed to fine dining and establishments where you need to be quiet. We tend to schedule dinner at 5 or 5:30pm, so that he doesn't act out because we are eating too late for him. We have had the opposite experience where the wait staff or other diners comments on his great behavior. Every once in a while, he has a off night because after all, he is a kid. However, I feel that he has benefited because we exposed him to nice restaurants and appropriate behavior early on, rather than being relegated to Chili's or McDonald's for meals out. My kid tends be relaxed, if my husband and I are relaxed. So enjoy your nice dinner out, even though you don't have a babysitter for the evening since you are visiting from out-of-town. Welcome to Franklin!

Old 09-21-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_gal View Post
I would not recommend 55 South. My family went for brunch and didn't think too much of the food. My husband even found a large piece of cardboard in his breakfast burrito. However, Puckett's Boathouse or Grocery would be fine to take children, too.

My husband and I have a 3 1/2 year son that frequents many nice restaurants around the U.S. He has done so since he was 3 months old. He is generally very well behaved as he has been exposed to fine dining and establishments where you need to be quiet. We tend to schedule dinner at 5 or 5:30pm, so that he doesn't act out because we are eating too late for him. We have had the opposite experience where the wait staff or other diners comments on his great behavior. Every once in a while, he has a off night because after all, he is a kid. However, I feel that he has benefited because we exposed him to nice restaurants and appropriate behavior early on, rather than being relegated to Chili's or McDonald's for meals out. My kid tends be relaxed, if my husband and I are relaxed. So enjoy your nice dinner out, even though you don't have a babysitter for the evening since you are visiting from out-of-town. Welcome to Franklin!
I could not agree with this more. It's been our experience with our daughter (now 4) and our little guy. Servers and diners seems to love him! Like you, we dine before 6:30 with our kids.

Old 09-21-2015, 06:23 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. Our trip was this past weekend, and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. People were so warm and friendly, it really was fantastic. I feel like people where I live are warm and have the trademark "Midwest hospitality". People in Franklin were everything and more.

We dined at 55 South, Mellow Mushroom, and Puckett's Boathouse. We did Frothy Monkey two mornings for breakfast (loved their coffee and oatmeal). At all places, our little guy was well behaved and doted on by the servers. At Puckett's Boathouse (servers were just the best), one of the waitresses held our son while we ate dessert! She couldn't keep her hands off of him and he just kept smiling at her. Really fun time. Great memories, just an outstanding weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: